• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta protests

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_074613_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_074613_Google.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
Disgusting thugs ..
Saw this in the comments. A lot of truth.

"I’m under no false premise that a cop is my friend. Their job is to bust me, not prove my innocence. However, when an officer says, “stop” you stop. When an officer says “get on the ground”, you get on the ground. This type of stuff won’t happen if you comply. You can fight whatever charges in court or reduce your sentence. Under no circumstances do you mess with the guy that has a gun and the numbers you don’t have."

Saw this in the comments. A lot of truth.

"I’m under no false premise that a cop is my friend. Their job is to bust me, not prove my innocence. However, when an officer says, “stop” you stop. When an officer says “get on the ground”, you get on the ground. This type of stuff won’t happen if you comply. You can fight whatever charges in court or reduce your sentence. Under no circumstances do you mess with the guy that has a gun and the numbers you don’t have."
Your post would make sense if there was no fear involved.

This was originally a reckless driving stop, nothing more. Even the initial approach to the car was aggressive and threatening.
He’s was trying to tell the officers he was complying, but every officer tried to get him to do something different, jerking him one way, then another the other way.
No one should be thrown from their car onto the ground before any attempt at communication. And even then there should have been clear instruction. The way it’s trained is ONE officer approaches and/or communicates with the suspect, while the other officers provide backup or cover until the suspect shows a reason to escalate.

I didn’t see one thing in this stop to suggest they even cared about their training or departmental SOP.
The approach, use of physical force, use of the tazer(groin), use of pepper spray, use of baton, etc, was in every step an escalation improper/illegal use of force.

I think anyone of us would have been in fear of their life given those circumstances. Under GA law you are justified to use any force necessary even up to deadly force to prevent an illegal arrest. Same goes to defend one’s life.

Your post would make sense if there was no fear involved.

This was originally a reckless driving stop, nothing more. Even the initial approach to the car was aggressive and threatening.
He’s was trying to tell the officers he was complying, but every officer tried to get him to do something different, jerking him one way, then another the other way.
No one should be thrown from their car onto the ground before any attempt at communication. And even then there should have been clear instruction. The way it’s trained is ONE officer approaches and/or communicates with the suspect, while the other officers provide backup or cover until the suspect shows a reason to escalate.

I didn’t see one thing in this stop to suggest they even cared about their training or departmental SOP.
The approach, use of physical force, use of the tazer(groin), use of pepper spray, use of baton, etc, was in every step an escalation improper/illegal use of force.

I think anyone of us would have been in fear of their life given those circumstances. Under GA law you are justified to use any force necessary even up to deadly force to prevent an illegal arrest. Same goes to defend one’s life.
My quoting of the comment was in no way meant to indict the victim. If i had edited it, it would have said "This type of stuff won’t usually happen if you comply." It's a mess for sure. Those 5 suck, no question. Aggressive dicks from go.

Back
Top Bottom