• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta traffic

This... The outer perimeter should have been built 20 years ago.
The governor and state lawmakers chose to use their political Capital for changing the state flag instead

An outer perimeter would help For a little while until the developers built a zillion more shopping malls and subdivisions and turned all those once rural areas into more of the same congestion and high taxes

I’d support the outer perimeter if there was a way to do the zoning so that no commercial development could be done and with maybe a minimum lot size of say 5 acres

The way that they build the east west connector in Smyrna was nice

Hardly any cross streets and one section was built to flow with the topography and has no commercial development allowed
No intersections , no billboards , no nothing

If they did an outer perimeter like that I’d be ok with it

But if you build the outer perimeter too far out then the truckers and other passing thru won’t use it because it adds too many miles to the trip

The perimeter around Cincinnati adds so many extra miles that hardly anyone uses it

I took my leisurely little drive from Rome to Cartersville this morning, then back to Rome this afternoon. Maybe 50 minutes total on 40 miles, all back roads, green pastures, ducks on still water ponds, the smell of freshly cut grass, hardly a car in sight, and made bank. Life is good in the sticks. :peach:

Not fair/ Lucky!

This... The outer perimeter should have been built 20 years ago.

Would be over crowded the day it opened, with the need to raise taxes to build more lanes and add car pool lanes.

When every county commissioner within 100 miles knows about the project, you can bet they will own the property before the project is known, and will sell it to developers for high density housing and shopping malls. See also "megalopolis", this is how they are created.

2 hours this morning for my 24 mile commute to work. Semi trucks ITP everywhere, box trucks in the left and HOV lanes, folks smoking weed in traffic like its nothing. WTF!

I just want to say a big **** you to my fellow drivers sitting in grid lock traffic!! Trying to go 2 miles around Dunwoody is insane with all these damn commuters passing through. Get a damn house near your place of work!!!!.......Damn it!!! I think I feel better now....
Pass. I'll sit in traffic to avoid living in an overpopulated dunghole. Move AWAY if you don't want to deal with it lol.

Back
Top Bottom