• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta United Final Run

yep that puts them in great position. they advance with a win, draw, or any loss were they score a goal and dont loose by more than 4. also if they advance the MLS cup final will be in atlanta.

Awesome performance. Hopefully they keep the pressure on in the second leg! Anything other than a title would be a huge disappointment in my opinion at this stage of the playoffs.

I was a huge skeptic of Atlanta United and MLS in general and still have never watched or attended a game. That being said there is definitely a movement going on in Atlanta and has surpassed x1000 where I ever thought it would go. 70,000 fans at a soccer game blows my mind and every single person I have talked to that went to a game say it is an absolutely crazy experience.

I was a huge skeptic of Atlanta United and MLS in general and still have never watched or attended a game. That being said there is definitely a movement going on in Atlanta and has surpassed x1000 where I ever thought it would go. 70,000 fans at a soccer game blows my mind and every single person I have talked to that went to a game say it is an absolutely crazy experience.

I have been a season ticket holder since the middle of last season and I was very skeptical as to how well things would go with Atlanta getting an MLS club. To say things have been a success for this city and the support the locals have given this team would be the understatement of the year. I have attended enough games up to this point to say that Atlanta United is here to stay and won't crumble like the Thrashers did on their second attempt at Hockey in this town. That's another sad story for another day.

With that said, I had gone to a few "international friendly" soccer matches over the years when the dome hosted them before MB arena was built and saw the origins of what big time soccer could be for the future of Atlanta. One game was a pre-season friendly match between AC Milan of Italy and Club America of Mexico about 7 or 8 years ago and the dome was probably about 80% filled that night as best as I can remember.

The other game was a Gold Cup quarter final match between the U.S. Mens national team and Jamaica right around four and half years ago. I wasn't expecting miracles that night but I was hoping that the U.S. fan support among those here in Atlanta would have been a little stronger than what I remember. Most of the crowd throughout the U.S. game was actually pro Mexican as their fans were waiting for their national team to follow as it was the second game/quarterfinal that night. Call me cynical but I just didn't get the vibe that night that Atlanta would have sustained any momentum leading to a future MLS club on the horizon when their was nominal support at best for the U.S. national team in a major competition playing here locally at the time.

Back
Top Bottom