• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta's Rock & Roll Station!!!!

Anyone besides me miss Gary McKey,
The morning DJ on QXI fm ?

also I always heard the WKRP in Cincinnati show was based on real life stuff that happened at the QXI am station in Atlanta .

I remember spending hours looking at records at turtles at Belmont hills in Smyrna. I got a 96 rock tag from Willard when he was at the store. I had a bunch of turtle stamps don’t know what happened to them? I miss those days
That was the largest shipping mall in the southeast when it was built .

got bulldozed a few years back and is now an elementary school and condos/ apartments and the 4 story tall skinny houses that are 4 inches apart .

When I have time to kill at job sites, waiting for the water treatment system to compete a cycle or two, or while I’m monitoring the vapor discharge,
I spin the dial and see what classic rock or classic country stations I can find , but can’t tell you the last time I listened very long to a radio station,

no matter how good the song selection is ,
once they start in on the commercials that I know are going to go on forever, I just go back to a podcast or my iTunes playlist or audiobook . If I get really bored I will spin through the Channels on the CB to see if anyone is talking on it , that’s better than listening to the endless endless commercials on fm radio.

same with tv, geeze , people still actually sit through commercials ?

2B4B2112-679D-4FCD-9D52-7D8E980BA4CE.jpeg

88.5 Album88 WRAS Atlanta sold out to the communists back in 2014.

The students watched the monster they so demanded eat the one last bastion of freedom they had.

88.5 Album88 WRAS Atlanta sold out to the communists back in 2014.

The students watched the monster they so demanded eat the one last bastion of freedom they had.
In the late 70s I listened to WRAS when They played 50s and 60s music on I think Saturday ?
DJs stage name or handle or whatever that call it was Sandy Beach .

Back
Top Bottom