• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlas two post lift install

Boz1911

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
404   0
Reaction score
Spent the last few Saturdays installing an Atlas 2 post lift in my new shop. Since this is in Alabama I really don't have any help. I thought and thought about how to raise this heavy SOB with what I have and finally came up with a plan. I assembled the lift with it sitting on four furniture dollies. I then positioned it where I thought it would end up in my layout lines. I used some dense thin foam to prevent gouging the concrete. I knew the boom pole on my tractor would have limited travel so I first lifted it as high as possible with my engine hoist. Adjusted the boom pole and started the lift at that point. It was quite a puckering experience when it finally tipped into place but it ended up within 1/2 inch of where it should have.

Attachments

• lift1.jpg
    lift1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 45
  • lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 45
  • lift3.jpg
    lift3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 44
  • lift4.jpg
    lift4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 45
You're not far away, I am in Wedowee... on the lake (on the weekends). I built a 30x40 building with the help of my front end loader for the heavy lifting, which might have been the ticket for setting your lift too.

Yeah I need a 4wd tractor with a loader, just not quite ready to trade yet. Bought a Polaris XP900 Ranger for the property and ended up spending about 7500 on concrete so play funds are low. Got to get Darkdiesel to help with the wiring as soon as Al Power gets me some juice. Oh and there's the new house we need..............

Back
Top Bottom