• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attempting to drive hands free is the most distracting thing I could do

Whitey

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
I really am trying to be positive about this new law, but I have installed two new blue tooth radios in my truck and bought several new headsets, and none of them seem to work.
I am a contractor, so I am on my phone all day, drive a diesel with associated background noise, and am in and out of my truck all day long. I have finally settled on a $150 Blue Parrot headset, but it drops 20% of my calls, goes rogue and will not reconnect atleast once a day, and instead of talking on the phone like I naturally would, it seems like I am more distracted than ever trying to look at my phone while staying legal.
Before you tell me about all of the lives it will save, keep in mind that some states fatalities have gone down, but not in all states. I get it, I hate sitting in traffic and seeing people glued to their phones while they should be driving, but this law is causing me major heartburn.

I believe this is more of a revenue generator than a safety issue.

Hey, At least its still legal to eat while driving,
and women putting on makeup while driving,
and yelling at the fighting kids in the back seat,
and reading books while driving,
and dancing to music while driving,
and quite a few other things.

I was in fleet safety for several years, hands free doesn't make much difference to accident stats.

What it does do is make it easier to spot people who are texting or otherwise fiddling on their phone. I don't mind the law, if the enforce it.

I've watched in cab videos of my drivers having awful accidents.

Any distraction can be a contributing factor, or the cause of, an accident that kills people.

Get off your phone, put down your gutburger and mega gulp, and focus on the serious job of operating a lethal weapon in public.

wtf did people do before cell phones?

I refuse to make conversation on the phone while I'm driving; I only talk to someone on it when I'm on my way to see them and I'm trying to figure out how to make that happen.

but I agree, the hands free driving law is ****ed up. I've been trying to steer with my feet the past 2 weeks and this **** is hard

A9C1A7E1-535A-4DEB-80EF-B520190C9C13.jpeg
I am with you. Safety issue my ass! Tax collection at the tip of a gun.

I have better luck with bluetooth joggers headsets. Also try using your phone as a speakerphone. If the audio isn't loud enough pair it with a mini boombox or your vehicle audio.

I really am trying to be positive about this new law, but I have installed two new blue tooth radios in my truck and bought several new headsets, and none of them seem to work.
I am a contractor, so I am on my phone all day, drive a diesel with associated background noise, and am in and out of my truck all day long. I have finally settled on a $150 Blue Parrot headset, but it drops 20% of my calls, goes rogue and will not reconnect atleast once a day, and instead of talking on the phone like I naturally would, it seems like I am more distracted than ever trying to look at my phone while staying legal.
Before you tell me about all of the lives it will save, keep in mind that some states fatalities have gone down, but not in all states. I get it, I hate sitting in traffic and seeing people glued to their phones while they should be driving, but this law is causing me major heartburn.

Check out the Jawbone earpieces. Noise reduction and have never had an issue dropping calls or connecting with my phone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom