• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention Glock 43 owners

eldrima

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
71   0
Reaction score
Of all the Glocks I own, the 43 is the one I can't shoot worth a damn...I mean I will aim above the plate rack and knock down maybe 2 of the 6 plates with the rest of the shots going low. I shot my dad's 42 last week with the same result.

I would like to be able to shoot in the Pocket Glocks GSSF category and also don't want to make any aftermarket changes to a carry gun so I have ruled out aftermarket trigger parts. I was debating replacing the sights, selling the gun, etc and started doing some reading online.

I found a thread on GlockTalk that said that Glock had come out with a "minus" connector for the 43 this past summer and all new 43s were shipping with the lighter connector. Mine was manufactured with the first run so it has the old connector. I called Glock and spoke to an armorer and he said they would update it with the new connector if I brought it in.

I searched the ODT and didn't find any threads on this so I thought there might be some others out there that are not happy with the trigger on their factory 43. I'll be making a field trip to Smyrna in the next few days.

I have one and had similar issues with it when I first got it. I have to make sure I grip it the same every time and worked on my trigger reset. I can now hit 5 out 6 plate in 6 shots on average. Still working on making it 6 out of 6, lol. I will see if the armorers will update mine next month while I am in Montgomery for the match.
Thanks for the info. I did not know they had come out with a minus connector.

I have a S&W Shield that I bought before the G43 came out. FWIW, I have the same issue with the Shield. On a silhouette target, at 7 yards, if I aim at the head, I hit around mid-torso. I haven't shot it all that much though. Probably less than 200 rds or so. I figure I just need to work on my technique.

Honestly, my 43 feels like the same old crunchy trigger as my other Glocks. The only change I have made is putting Big Dot sights on it. I can put all rounds in the torso with rapid fire on a silhouette target at 15 feet. I would be interested in hearing feed back on the connector

I am in the same boat. I have a Glock 43 talo edition that I do not shoot to my satisfaction.I have only fired 100 rounds through the gun. I am pretty sure with most things the one thing that will improve my shooting of the 43 is ammo.

Try putting a little more finger on the trigger if that makes sense. On my 43 & 42 I have to place the trigger almost to the first knuckle crease on my trigger finger. On rest of my normal sized Glocks its just the pad of trigger finger. I found that "too little" trigger finger on the trigger was pushing my shots low and left. The shorter distance to the trigger on those smaller Glocks to me equals having to put more finger on the trigger. I Put more of my finger onto the trigger and boom. All was fixed. I shoot my 42&43 almost like a revolver trigger and that seemed to help me. Hope that makes sense and may be worth a try.

Interesting...i have found the g43 to be very accurate for its size for me. Had a nice grouping at 25 yards the other evening. Great lil glock! :thumb: i am happy with stock glock triggers.

For reference i was shooting this style target silhouette and had all shots in the head. Plent good for a pocket size pistol.

Attachments

• 219685.jpg
    219685.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 55
I picked up a 19 that shot low... like so low that I took it to Glock.

They replaced the rear sight and it hits everything I aim at now. Maybe your experiencing issues with your sights or trigger control. A connector is just a placebo to me but ymmv

Practice often, shoot quality ammo, and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom