• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention Glock 43 owners

Try putting a little more finger on the trigger if that makes sense. On my 43 & 42 I have to place the trigger almost to the first knuckle crease on my trigger finger. On rest of my normal sized Glocks its just the pad of trigger finger. I found that "too little" trigger finger on the trigger was pushing my shots low and left. The shorter distance to the trigger on those smaller Glocks to me equals having to put more finger on the trigger. I Put more of my finger onto the trigger and boom. All was fixed. I shoot my 42&43 almost like a revolver trigger and that seemed to help me. Hope that makes sense and may be worth a try.
This was a suggestion I read on another forum with the 43. I'm sure the heavy trigger is just confirming that I need to work on trigger control and I'm jerking it a little bit. I'll get the connector updated then re-assess. The armorer I spoke to said it reduces trigger pull by about a pound. Some of the posts on the forum suggested that the new connector made trigger pull much smoother in addition to being noticeably lighter.

If that doesn't get me connecting with my point of aim, I'll try changing where my finger contacts the trigger...want to change one variable at a time. I'd really prefer if all my triggers were the same so that I don't have to consciously think about how to pull the trigger.

Interesting...i have found the g43 to be very accurate for its size for me. Had a nice grouping at 25 yards the other evening. Great lil glock! :thumb: i am happy with stock glock triggers.

For reference i was shooting this style target silhouette and had all shots in the head. Plent good for a pocket size pistol.
When was your 43 originally purchased?

SIG P938 will resolve these issues if other methods with the 43 don't work for you. Trigger appears to be the issue with the 43 for me and I don't carry any more.

To each his own. I shot my buddies sig938 side by side with a stock g43 a couple weeks ago and wayyyy preferred the glock in all regards. Grip and feel of Ergos (sig grip with flush mag is tiny and does not feel like something you can really grip). Muzzle flip was much more noticeable in the sig938 (probably being smaller overall with hardly a grip). External safeties are a no go for me, so that also rules out the sig. To me (personally) the sig 938 is like a novelty gun. My buddy however, he luvs it.

So do all glocks now have thisb"updated connector" or just the g43, 42?
If you bought yours a year ago, you probably have the original connector. From what I read, Glock introduced the new connector sometime this summer around July. The update is only for the 42 and 43. One post suggested that Glock got a lot of complaints about the heavy trigger for these models (more so than the usual complaining about Glock triggers) and revised the connector design to reduce the pull.

If you bought yours a year ago, you probably have the original connector. From what I read, Glock introduced the new connector sometime this summer around July. The update is only for the 42 and 43. One post suggested that Glock got a lot of complaints about the heavy trigger for these models (more so than the usual complaining about Glock triggers) and revised the connector design to reduce the pull.

Hmmm...i may have to look into getting one. Its technically my wifes g43. I just shoot it time to time.

To each his own. I shot my buddies sig938 side by side with a stock g43 a couple weeks ago and wayyyy preferred the glock in all regards. Grip and feel of Ergos (sig grip with flush mag is tiny and does not feel like something you can really grip). Muzzle flip was much more noticeable in the sig938 (probably being smaller overall with hardly a grip). External safeties are a no go for me, so that also rules out the sig. To me (personally) the sig 938 is like a novelty gun. My buddy however, he luvs it.

Like you said to each his own. Try the extended mag.

Back
Top Bottom