Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!

Attention Glock 43 owners

Thread in 'Firearms Chat' started by eldrima, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. olchevy

olchevy The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

132   0

Rating
    100%
    Training training training....

It took me about 2,500 rounds or so through the little 43 till I felt proficient with it. I'm not talking one hole groups but Coke can accurate at 15 yards and 2 liter bottle accurate at 40. I have always been able to adjust to shooting any handgun tiny or huge, and it bothered me immensely that I was getting gigantic 5" groups at 7 yards and fricken 10-12" groups at 20 yards. So I shot the little f'r till I finally adjusted to it. It took WAY to much concentration and rounds down range to adjust to that little bugger. I finally did but in hindsight with what I spent on ammo, it was not worth it. I sold it and never looked at them again. On a side note never shot a 42 and I had to put many rounds down range to become proficient with the Shield as well.

2. sheep dog

sheep dog ODT Junkie!

67   0

Rating
    100%
    Yeah, its a bit better feel with the extended mag. I know a lot of guys like em.

3. Jackie Graham

Jackie Graham ODT Junkie!

475   0

Supporter
    GA Carry Contributor NRA Contributor Gun Owners of America Contributor
    Rating
    100%
    I haven't found that Glock will let you use a Sig in their match so I will stick with the 43 for now, lol.

above_all and mikey357 like this.
  4. eldrima

eldrima Survivalist

25   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hear ya...that's why I thought I'd see how I fared with my dad's 42...no better. I've done so bad with my Pocket Glock entries that I feel it isn't worth the wasted ammo, $25 entry fee, or embarrassment I endure. Only thing keeping me entering that division for now is the added entry into the Random Pistol drawings.

5. RNC

RNC redneck country boy

219   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That day I ran a mag thru yours at Bobs it was quite accurate :)

nicaburns likes this.
  6. eldrima

eldrima Survivalist

25   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nice work...you should have kept her. Not sure I would have the patience to put that many rounds down range with only experiencing marginal improvements. I'm still trying to get proficient with the larger Glocks I own so the 43 will see less range time until that happens.

7. Robroyb

Robroyb ODT Junkie!

104   0

Rating
    100%
    Bought mine from a guy who did a lot of upgrades. It cost me, but worth every penny. It shoots like a charm. I had it under control in under a 100 rds. I'd like to try one of those Sig 238 anf 938's just for comparison sake. I love Sigs overall.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

8. ngcsugrad09

ngcsugrad09 ODT Junkie!

33   0

Rating
    100%
    The key to the 42/43 is running the first joint of the finger on the trigger vs a normal pad placement. The gun is physically smaller and lighter, resulting in your finger not being able to press straight to the rear as easy; as well as a higher ratio of trigger weight to gun weight that you're fighting.

I was having some left/right issues with my smaller Glocks until I switched to the first joint, not it is much easier and more consistent.

Robroyb and RNC like this.
  9. olchevy

olchevy The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

132   0

Rating
    100%
    Still took to much conscious effort. I would go run a 1/4 mile to get my heart rate up to simulate bad situation and accuracy would fall apart again. I mean yes I could always hit a human silhouette out to 20 yards but that's not good enough to me. Maybe it should be I dunno I'm no expert.

CAMSDADDY likes this.
  10. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY ODT Junkie!

68   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    For me the 43 will be a pocket gun. Currently the only pocket gun I own is a S&W Model 60. It will fill a niche as most days I carry my 26. I find I shoot my Shield more accurately at rest but when pushed the 26 Shines. I hope to one day shoot the 43 as well. I look at the 43 as a k frame snub capacity wise without the weight and faster reloads. I will continue running ammo unless I get to a point I see it doesn't make since. The only addition I am doing to any Glock these days are sights and maybe talon grips.