• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATTN All y'all ODTers... Very Good Friend of mine has stage 4 Cancer and needs help

1R3LAND

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Let me just say thank you for clicking on this and taking the time out of your day to read this.

I have never done this or asked for anything, so here it goes.

I am posting this for a very good friend, fellow railroader, and avid "gun guy"

Matt is a great friend of mine and one of the best fathers and husband around. He is a true FAMILY man and when I hear the phrase "family first" he immediately comes to mind.
It is such an unfortunate situation to begin with but especially at such a young age.

Matt Recently got sick with the flu, and after not getting any better was admitted to the hospital to only find out he has stage 4 Cancer.

Aside from his family, his other favorite thing to do is shoot his guns!
He loves guns and really enjoys building ar15s and buying new pistols, so what better place to post this other than the great ODT

* Feel Free to contact me for further info if you want, I am not asking for free items or money for personal gain, I am trying to help a friend in need, and help comfort him if possible.

To be short about all this:
I was there today, his wife just got back home and come to find out, she was at the courthouse and was getting served papers from SEVERAL Credit Card companies, from debt they have acquired since January ( yes thats pretty quick to get served I thought, but she said once they found out he had cancer, they started QUICK, in fear he was not going to make it)

They are Living off of what little is left in their savings and what donations they have gotten from friends and family which goes super quick with no income, and medical bills coming non stop, plus the normals bills to keep food on the table and lights turned on!

Below I will Post the gofundme link if anyone is interested to view it, or donate
http://www.gofundme.com/help-matt-get-well

Also, (preferred)
If anyone would like to donate any amount of money through PayPal F&F so the Smith family does not have to worry with fees and such from gofundme, ill leave my PayPal info below.

Please send Friends and Family, and I Will make certain that Matt, Cyndi, and Quinn Get it with zero fees, frustrations, etc

PLEASE LEAVE IN THE NOTES:
Matts Road to Recovery
(feel free to send anonymously or Include ODT Name or Full Name , whatever you prefer!

Kenneth_ireland2006@yahoo.com

EDIT:

I was over there today hanging out and we were talking about a 80% frame he picked up and a couple other things before he found out he was sick.
He mentioned to me about wanting to finish the 80% pistol lower & an AR he has in parts in the garage.

I know they do not have the extra money to spend on finishing it as they need the money in other places ( he has sold most of his other guns and parts )

So If anyone has any spare parts laying around or for cheap PM me!

He was able to go out last week and go to the range and shoot, thats about all he wants to do now, aside from spending time with his family. He can't go out for long, but he enjoys to go when he is feeling up to it. I guess thats kind of like a "therapy" for him.

He really wants a G19 TiN threaded barrel to finish off his 80% pistol Frame, but anything will work, he also needs parts for an AR15, (BCG, Barrel, Buffer Kit, etc) and he also mentioned wanting to build a 9mm AR Pistol one day so anything for that.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this.

matt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom