• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATTN Competition pistol shooters

Wait you all get to shoot with two hands..........

that's cheating isn't it ? :shocked:

on the 1911.. try gripping hard until you shake then back off just a bit..

Another point of contention, do you go full lock head down like Chris Costa/Travis Haley or bent elbows with gun brought to eyes like Lucas Botkin/Jerry Miculek? I am somewhere in the middle, but I would laugh at anyone telling either one of these guys they are doing it wrong. Shooting a pistol is not cookie cutter. If someone tells you it is, find another instructor.

This right here is great advice. There is a lot of black and white, but also a lot of GRAY depending on the shooter. I read earlier that some said take a little training and then range time. NOT SO. Because many instructors teach a certain way and force students into a cookie cutter. Even the better schools and quality instructors have the FORD, CHEVY preference. You need to watch, listen, think and try for yourself. Your chosen guru may not be the best for you. Picture of my wife, Shannon Smith and me behind him. We live in Ellijay and spend a lot of time with Bill Rogers program, and Super Dave Harrington etc. I can tell you that each has a certain style that teaches you something, but also may not be right for you. For example my wife if right handed and her "natural point of aim" is with here left foot forward of her right. Most instructors would try to "correct" her. She passed Rogers her first day and can beat near 50% of the boys at most matches we go to. So I wouldn't argue with her. Also I'm cross eye dominant. Many would force me to to switch eye or switch hands. Yet I can shoot advanced at Rogers and Master IDPA, so I can make it work.

Attachments

• Jolie Pavent Pistol Training with Shannon Smith.jpg
    Jolie Pavent Pistol Training with Shannon Smith.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom