• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attorney recommendations in Gwinnett

Sorry guys. I have yet to go to court about this. I’ll update everyone when it’s over

Keep delaying the case. After a while the arresting officer may move out of the jurisdiction or the guy you had a spat with will move out of the county. If it doesn't get brought up in a couple of years, you might eventually get it dismissed. I'd look to see the officer's arresting report. If it's written up as a domestic dispute, then you have to start worrying. If the report does not specify that it's a domestic disturbance you're GTG.

Domestic misdemeanors (aka the Lautenberg Amendment) will cost you your constitutional rights forever if you're ever convicted. That means you can never, ever own a firearm. It doesn't go away nor are they subject to expungement. If you ever have to negotiate a domestic, I'd make sure that is was bumped down to non-domestic.

Check and see if Gwinnett has a pre-trial diversion program. If it does, and if you get into it, no record, no nothing. May have to go to some encounter sessions, profess how wretched you are.

I know a little bit about this, but I'm not seeing this as a domestic violence case - an ass whooping case maybe, but not domestic violence.

Back
Top Bottom