• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Auburn Football ---> 2021 = Bryan Harsin

STI

Default rank <5000 posts
EASY RIDER
45   0
Reaction score
CFB world reacts to Gus Malzahn's firing, $21.45M buyout (msn.com)

!!! hire
Urban Meyer

220px-Urban_Meyer_in_2017.jpg

Meyer turned down Texas. He ain’t going to Auburn and compete against Alabama every year. He’s waiting for USC or for Saban to retire.

As a longtime Auburn fan, in my opinion, one of the final straws that broke the camels back was his 0-12 record on the road against Bama, Georgia, and LSU. The record even at home against those three was not much better. If Urban Meyer is waiting in the wings by some miracle then it's a homerun hire in my book. But the likely choice is going to be Hugh Freeze even though the public critique would be strong for the first year or two due to his personal indiscretions.

As a longtime Auburn fan, in my opinion, one of the final straws that broke the camels back was his 0-12 record on the road against Bama, Georgia, and LSU. The record even at home against those three was not much better. If Urban Meyer is waiting in the wings by some miracle then it's a homerun hire in my book. But the likely choice is going to be Hugh Freeze even though the public critique would be strong for the first year or two due to his personal indiscretions.

Rumor I heard was Lane Kiffin was interested. But who knows.

Back
Top Bottom