AUCTION for Tazz 38 (Pro ears)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
“I bought these when my last pair of Sordins died. A friend recommended them and he swore they were as good as the MSA's that cost $100 more... and he was right (technically).

These have a much better NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) than the more expensive Sordins, 28 vs 18. That means if you usually double-up with foam plugs, you probably won't have to with these.

Like the Sordins they accept outside audio, and the Pro Ears use CR123 batteries rather than AA/AAA, so they will run a lot longer.

They also use the 'compression' method of reducing the volume of sounds rather than cutting-out at a certain DB level like cheaper units do. That means you can still hear people talk while others are shooting. Great for indoor ranges.

And as long as you register them, they have a 5 year warranty as well (you listening MSA???)

So why am I selling them?

Simple... I have a fat head. Or maybe it's all the extra smarts God blessed me with. ...There's two different camps there.

Either way they simply don't fit me that well. I've had this problem with other ear-pro, but it's annoying that it happens with something costing almost $200.

If something like Walkers Game Ears or the Howard Leight models fit you OK, these should be fine. If not then YMMV and these may be too tight for you as well. As you can see in the pictures they are also very chunky, especially for something with 'slim' in the name. I'm guessing that's where the extra NRR comes from, but they are a little thicker at the bottom than most ear-pro.

Anyways, it's back to another pair of Sordins and doubling up for me.

I've linked to the Amazon page for these exact ones. They will come with everything that came from the factory including the original bubble wrap.

If you are too lazy to follow the link, they go for $166.70 on Amazon, plus another $8.35 in tax, so these are $175 worth of top-end hearing protection shipped to your door.”

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FM3XMM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks @spencer60

D9F82E48-2CB3-49B8-8F05-E54E7BACCA1F.jpeg
88C45F5C-33E3-45C1-8665-E129B301EA95.jpeg
0B8A9541-2F28-4779-9FC9-99179BD3C347.jpeg
288B0C5B-1967-43CA-BC14-10FBC7BED537.jpeg

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/og-odt’er-needs-our-help.1978654/

All auctions will end Sunday June 16th at 9 p.m. sharp, any bid time stamped 9:01 will not count.

If you would like to donate a few bucks you can send funds to my PayPal info@delivermysafe.com

(if possible please do friends and family so there’s no fee’s incurred.... and if you do so please put nothing in comments.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom