• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

August 15th.

I moved around some optics and took some .22s out today to get one or more ready for squirrel sniping. I was hoping I could use one ammo for multiple guns. THAT won't be happening. NOTHING shot Stingers minute of squirrel head. And other than some old bulk stuff it was all I brought. Best shooting setup was the cheapest gun I own and the cheapest bulk ammo (that's at least 30 years old and I'm almost out of). Figures. VERY aggravating! :mmph:

I moved around some optics and took some .22s out today to get one or more ready for squirrel sniping. I was hoping I could use one ammo for multiple guns. THAT won't be happening. NOTHING shot Stingers minute of squirrel head. And other than some old bulk stuff it was all I brought. Best shooting setup was the cheapest gun I own and the cheapest bulk ammo (that's at least 30 years old and I'm almost out of). Figures. VERY aggravating! :mmph:
Try those CCI Segmented Subsonic I mentioned. I have found they were very accurate in several rifles and the way they segment makes them squirrel death. Turns them off like a switch with either head or heart/lung shots.

Try those CCI Segmented Subsonic I mentioned. I have found they were very accurate in several rifles and the way they segment makes them squirrel death. Turns them off like a switch with either head or heart/lung shots.
I just can't see hunting with something that slow but I hear you.
I have to find ONE round that maximizes energy for coyotes off the deck but I'll be happy with anything else for squirrels etc as long as it's ACCURATE. Today was a disaster.
Have you ever tried these? http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=2&loadNo=0058

I just can't see hunting with something that slow but I hear you.
I have to find ONE round that maximizes energy for coyotes off the deck but I'll be happy with anything else for squirrels etc as long as it's ACCURATE. Today was a disaster.
Have you ever tried these? http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=2&loadNo=0058

If you have a rifle that will group them they hammer squirrels. Lasered one at 64 yards 2 years back and just about decapitated him. If you take a shoulder/lung shot it makes a mess. Until the leaves fall Sub Sonic HP ammo from CCI or Eley is the way to go for limb chickens. Hope to post pics tomorrow.

Squirrels win today. My Secret Hickory Ridge was desolate. I will come back in a couple of weeks. Squirrels 1 Predator 0
15343421729663869708207158176080.jpg

Found a couple boxes and tried them in the 10/22 today. MOSH (minute of squirrel head) achieved. :)

Back
Top Bottom