• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Austin Texas Has A Plan

Someone told me the other day Texas requires gun safety classes for carry permits. I was shocked. I thought they handed you a revolver at the welcome center when you crossed the state line.

Austin is very liberal and the techies are taking over. While signs are everywhere about which establishments will let you open carry inside I didn't see any weapons - just hipsters with tats and man buns. Housing is outrageously expensive and so is property tax since there is no income tax. While I was visiting my son who lives there the wife and I went to the history tour at the Capitol. It was like being in another world. They had a display just about the "Come and Take it " cannon.

Interesting fact -- in 1966 Charles Whitman climbed to the top of the UT tower and began shooting students. Once people determined what was happening they retrieved their hunting rifles from their vehicles and started shooting back basically reducing the number of potential casualties.

Austin has been that way for a long time now. Nothing new to see here. Big city = Big problems. Think about Atlanta. Why would Austin be different than any other big city?

zxzgettyimages-895913670-640x640.jpg

Their moto is "Keep Austin wierd", doesn't say you have to be stupid also! If you've been to Austin lately, they are definitely livin up to their moto!

Back
Top Bottom