• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Australia up to 1.8 Million Covid Cases: 1.5 Million in the last 2 weeks???? Huh?

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
154   0
Reaction score
I'm confused. The good folks down under were living under strict lock down conditions and I had thought they were battling a huge Covid crisis.

Today I've read several sources stating that of the 1.8 million covid cases, 1.5 million have occurred in the past two weeks. (? )

So I did look at multiple covid counting sites and found that, yep, Aussi only had 300,000 cases TOTAL from the beginning of the "pandemic" (Feb 2020) to Christmas of 2021.

Now, in the face of all those restrictions on freedom, in the face of hearing that "work" was not an acceptable reason to go out if you were unvaccinated, and with over 19 million of the 20.6 million people over the age of 16 having been "fully vaccinated", their Covid cases are rising, although total deaths for the past two weeks are still less than total deaths in August of 2020. Of note, in light of this recent "surge" the Aussies are considering removing restrictions, there was no loosening of restrictions prior to the omicron surge.

Mask mandates, forced quarantines, tight restrictions on the unvaccinated, and now there's a surge.

Anyone want to help me "follow the science"?

ps. The last question is facetious and sarcastic. I understand virology a bit more than the average bear. I am intending to make people question the science.

I would say a "big increase" since early December! Seven-day average is currently at 100,000+ per day, so 14 days (two weeks) is about 1.5 million.

1642518698540.png

Back
Top Bottom