• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Auto shopping...this is getting... Update! search is Over!!

I don't own one - so consider the source here - but I thought with the 996 and early 997, the thinking was that if you go ahead and budget for the IMS fix up front, you're in good shape, aside from whatever the usual maintenance needs are.

If it's a dd the Porsche would be more fun. How often do you go off road?
It's actually the biggest downside of the Porsche- no offroading. I have a place on my property that I could drive the Land Cruiser and go on offroading trips often, but I already have a built FZJ80 for that, so a Porsche would fill all other needs.

The crazy thing about the Cayman is that it can get up near 28 mpg. I just dont know how content I'll be in a low to the ground sports car.

It's actually the biggest downside of the Porsche- no offroading. I have a place on my property that I could drive the Land Cruiser and go on offroading trips often, but I already have a built FZJ80 for that, so a Porsche would fill all other needs.

The crazy thing about the Cayman is that it can get up near 28 mpg. I just dont know how content I'll be in a low to the ground sports car.

I'd hate to drive a sports car daily. My vote is a 450hp crew cab truck. It can take pot holes and speed bumps in stride and can out accelerate most sports cars in rational situations. Twisty roads aren't as much fun but pushing a fast car around town can get dangerous for everyone, spirited acceleration on the other hand.....:thumb:

I bought a tundra, 381hp and rides great. Tows like a champ and has just enough gadgets for me. I've had it 7 months and 16k miles and have been very happy with the performance. If I could justify the supercharger for 6k it would be perfect :D

Right hand drive would be really weird

I'd have to convert it to left

And it won't get 22 mpg with that lift and tires and you will have to order all the expensive repair parts from Australia or somewhere

And no way am I ever gonna borrow money for a car again

The Porsche SUVs are dirt cheap once they are 10 years old
I've seen the twin turbo 450 HP AWD ones for $8500

I'd look at the V-8 4 runners
They made em for a couple of years , not sure exactly which ,
05-08 or something like that

But once you save the money buy whatever you want
If you want a 64 vette to daily drive , then get one , and drive it ,

Cars were made to drive , not sit in a garage and collect dust

If it makes you feel better about driving it , get one that's been modified and not numbers matching so it's cheaper and not ever gonna be super valuable , and drive it

But o understand not being able to decide
I love all kinds of vehicles , mostly pre 73 American iron .

But I've owned a 94 4 runner that I installed a 1KZT turbo diesel that i bought in the UK and shipped over here and installed

I've had a 97 4 runner a 72 Chevy pickup , a 66 thunderbird , a 69 thunderbird , a 69 Mercury cyclone , and several more

currently have a 74 bronco with fuel injection , a 5 speed power steering and disc brakes and a 04 expedition and

Following up from this old post to note that my search is over. I popped on a vehicle this weekend.

I tested a Cayman and loved it, had a shot at a 2014 Cayman for $10K under blue book price- no wrecks, was a trade in at a Mercedes dealer. I flip flopped on it and missed it. It was gone in a few days.

I looked at a very nice HZJ75 Troopy imported from Australia. It was very nice, needed little, but that little made the difference, and it just didn't put a smile on my face to drive it like I'd hoped.

This Friday I left work early, picked up my son, and debated driving to a dealer and test driving a 2007 911. I didn't want to deal with Atlanta traffic after the test drive, so put it off.

Long story short, my son spotted a Toyota Tacoma with an ARB bumper and wanted to look at it. It was loaded with overland goods, and within 20 minutes of inspection and test drive, I was signing paperwork on it. It was just that obvious.

The truck was built up from August 17 to January 18. The owner and his wife were going to travel the country in it, but after their first trip decided they wanted a camper and a truck to pull it, so traded this Tacoma in. Thanks to them!

A few details on the truck, front to rear:
2014 Toyota Tacoma double cab long bed
ARB deluxe winch bumper with on board air QD on bumper for airing up tires
ARB compressor under hood
SPod/National Luna power management system that runs into the cab and bed
dual optima batteries with intelligent solenoid split charging system
multiple RAM mounts and power charging stations in passenger side and dash
safari snorkel
RSI sliders with kickouts
Method Racing 17" wheels wrapped in 285 75 Toyo MT's x5
ARB air lockers F/R with G2 4.56 gears
ARB remote fridge monitor
Icon Stage 4 suspension with Old Man Emu rear springs
Leer Contractor shell with LED lighting inside, Prinsu rack on top, all doors key coded to factory Toyota key
Pelfrey Built Rear tire carrier bumper with dual NATO can carrier/ Hi lift Jack mount, shovel mounts/Rigid rear lights/fold down table

My FZJ80 will be in good company.
20180401_171236[1].jpg

Yep, I saw that for both the Cayman and 911, and it was $1,500-2K for a set of 4. At least with the 35's on my land cruiser at $12-1400, I'm getting a lot of rubber!

Back
Top Bottom