• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Automatic Deer Feeders for Protein Pellets

aragorn1

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
I am considering buying one of these. I do not want any kind of gravity feeder. I want to be able to control when and how much the feeder dispenses. Just wanted to hear other members ideas or maybe what they have used? Thanks in advance guys and gals!!!

Thanks for the reply, DD. I should have mentioned trough feeders as well. I have been told they are better, because the deer have a tendency to eat corn off of the ground very well, but not so much the protein pellets. I am looking for everyone's opinion and if you have experience of one style of feeder being better than the other and why or why not?

You will need to keep the pellets off the ground look at the boss buck we have the Texas hunter that holds 650#,and covered troughs,it takes time to get them eating straight protein you will need to start with corn

AEB7B72E-DB57-4140-A566-B174341A0F39.jpeg
043F10B9-B398-4382-868E-C1FE6FD4ECF5.jpeg
How do you kepp the hogs out of it?
Don’t really have a problem with the Texas hunter and troughs occasionally will have big hogs eat.as you can see the Texas hunter is pretty high

I am considering buying one of these. I do not want any kind of gravity feeder. I want to be able to control when and how much the feeder dispenses. Just wanted to hear other members ideas or maybe what they have used? Thanks in advance guys and gals!!!
I manage for trophy deer on 6 different tracts of land across 4 states and I have used every brand of automatic feeder on the market and they all give issues at some point with controllers, batteries, feed plates, etc. plus you are feeding every animal in the woods instead of just the deer that you are spending the money to feed. I have switched over to the Banks Outdoor Feed Bank Gravity Feeder which come in 300 lb. & 600 lb. Capacity. They can be purchased at the following link: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=Banks+feeders
Best investment and time saver that I have done over the last 4 years. I fill these units up every 2 - 3 months from May - Sept. with half Deer pellets and half soybean. Oct. - Feb. I use 3/4 deer pellet to 1/4 corn. One tract I have in Alabama (635 ac.) contains 8 of these feeders and I have been putting out around 4 tons of supplemental feed in them for the last 2 years and this year I plan to bump that up to 5 tons. I will also post a few pictures.

Back
Top Bottom