• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Average Joe AR question

Even the expensive ones break of you run them hard enough.

Everything breaks eventually. I can guarantee that a quality AR built by one of the companies that I recommend will go longer between parts breakages and have less stoppages and malfunctions that the cheapos will.

On that same topic, one of my favorite companies is Sons Of Liberty Gun Works. Not only are their AR's of the highest quality, meeting or exceeding milspec, they have a lifetime warranty for all parts, even the ones that wear out normally with regular use. Shoot out a barrel? They'll replace it. Wear out your gas rings or various springs? They'll replace it. Gun burns up in a house fire? They'll replace it. Their AR's run from the $900's on some models when they're on sale, up to around just under $3000 without added "upgrades" or fancy finishes. So instead of a bargain AR for around $700, you could get a SOLGW and never worry about replacing another part or wearing out the gun ever again.

Everything breaks eventually. I can guarantee that a quality AR built by one of the companies that I recommend will go longer between parts breakages and have less stoppages and malfunctions that the cheapos will.

On that same topic, one of my favorite companies is Sons Of Liberty Gun Works. Not only are their AR's of the highest quality, meeting or exceeding milspec, they have a lifetime warranty for all parts, even the ones that wear out normally with regular use. Shoot out a barrel? They'll replace it. Wear out your gas rings or various springs? They'll replace it. Gun burns up in a house fire? They'll replace it. Their AR's run from the $900's on some models when they're on sale, up to around just under $3000 without added "upgrades" or fancy finishes. So instead of a bargain AR for around $700, you could get a SOLGW and never worry about replacing another part or wearing out the gun ever again.

...I wish I could afford to shoot out a barrel...

why would the average person pay $2000 for a big name AR vs $700 for a semi dressed up not so big name AR, not a home built but a factory gun. What is the difference that would warrant the cost.

Probably been asked before so I apologize to the ones that may be offended. We have a lot of new members that may want to hear the odtverse opinions.
I just unpacked a spike tac.in 20 in. 6.5 grendal,and nearly strained my back,my god must be 10 or 12 lbs,the heck with it!

I'm not going to drop a name, but I cracked the bolt face on one of mine. It was replaced for free, but I can say I broke a top tier AR. I'll give three names, it was one of them, daniel defense, bcm, or noveske.

I'm not going to drop a name, but I cracked the bolt face on one of mine. It was replaced for free, but I can say I broke a top tier AR. I'll give three names, it was one of them, daniel defense, bcm, or noveske.

It happens. I’ve seen Marines break a M2HB, doesn’t mean it’s a bad or unreliable system.

Back
Top Bottom