• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Average per acre to lease

Hunters probably don’t want to divulge their honey holes nor the price they pay in fear of others who read this forum and might seek out those honey holes willing to pay more per acre.
Seriously....? I’m not asking for GPS coordinates. Don’t mention the county then if it’s that much of a concern.

No concern to me, I'm curious to know what the formula is as well :lol:
I hear you. I am just trying to get a general idea for the avg. If some folks can get a little more or less depending on the circumstance, then I'm all for it. Supply/Demand and maximize profits is the name of the game.

I was quoted 40 per acre for 312 acres on the flint river in meriwether county. Needless to say I passed

our Meriwether lease (650ac, 8 member) off 362 near Mt. Carmel Rd a couple mile West of the Flint (North of Joe Kurz) went from $10 to $18 for 2019
cabin, electric, water
5 of us left after hunting the land since 1990

in 1990 we were paying $4.50 per acre

that $10 per acre equaled $1050 each with tractor, fuel, fertilizer, seed (food plots)
many good Deer taken over the years

I’ve seen it go as much as 30-40 on flint river ridiculous.i know a 800 track 2 Floridians pay 20 grand and pay extra for him to plant food plots.

Hunting is a rich man's sport. Ga landowners have been slow to realize this.
Not correct. Everyone in GA has public land with deer within 1 hour of their house, EVERYONE. I have 5 WMAs that are all 45 minute or less drive from my house, and a state park. A sportsman license is $65 per year to access who knows how many hundreds of thousands of state and federal land. There’s more public land in this state than you could hunt in a lifetime. If you are willing to burn some boot leather and wal more than 100 yards from the road you’ll have it all to yourself too.

Back
Top Bottom