• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Average per acre to lease

I’ve seen it go as much as 30-40 on flint river ridiculous.i know a 800 track 2 Floridians pay 20 grand and pay extra for him to plant food plots.

$20K/yr to hunt deer. The average deer is maybe 150lbs, which yields 65lbs of meat. Let's say they shoot two deer per season, that's $154/lb. Imagine eating a $154 tough-ass deer steak. More importantly, imagine being so poor you can't even afford a $154 tough-ass deer steak.

*The tough-ass part makes me feel better about being hunting poor.

$20K/yr to hunt deer. The average deer is maybe 150lbs, which yields 65lbs of meat. Let's say they shoot two deer per season, that's $154/lb. Imagine eating a $154 tough-ass deer steak. More importantly, imagine being so poor you can't even afford a $154 tough-ass deer steak.

*The tough-ass part makes me feel better about being hunting poor.
The cost has no meaning of the desire.unless you have the hunting/fishing
Addiction those will never understand.

Not correct. Everyone in GA has public land with deer within 1 hour of their house, EVERYONE. I have 5 WMAs that are all 45 minute or less drive from my house, and a state park. A sportsman license is $65 per year to access who knows how many hundreds of thousands of state and federal land. There’s more public land in this state than you could hunt in a lifetime. If you are willing to burn some boot leather and wal more than 100 yards from the road you’ll have it all to yourself too.
A hundred yards?!?!?! Man are you crazy? Why in the world would anybody ever do that when you can put food out and let him come to you like I do at the children's petting zoo. That's where I take all my deer.

A hundred yards?!?!?! Man are you crazy? Why in the world would anybody ever do that when you can put food out and let him come to you like I do at the children's petting zoo. That's where I take all my deer.
Off subject moon will the 1000 yard buffer affect the gun club.

Off subject moon will the 1000 yard buffer affect the gun club.
The way the proposed reinstatement reads the rifle fire would only be restricted to areas within the boundaries of the city of Macon at the end of 2013. The ordinance that was dropped from the books after consolidation with Bibb County restricted rifle fire by banning it when closer than 250 ft to a dwelling. As it is written it would not affect the gun club since we are in the old County boundaries, never were in the city.

The way the proposed reinstatement reads the rifle fire would only be restricted to areas within the boundaries of the city of Macon at the end of 2013. The ordinance that was dropped from the books after consolidation with Bibb County restricted rifle fire by banning it when closer than 250 ft to a dwelling. As it is written it would not affect the gun club since we are in the old County boundaries, never were in the city.
I'm hoping we can get 2 to 300 people in the commission Chambers for the hearing on Tuesday at 4 p.m. to oppose the Yankee transplant doctor and his silly neighbor.

Not correct. Everyone in GA has public land with deer within 1 hour of their house, EVERYONE. I have 5 WMAs that are all 45 minute or less drive from my house, and a state park. A sportsman license is $65 per year to access who knows how many hundreds of thousands of state and federal land. There’s more public land in this state than you could hunt in a lifetime. If you are willing to burn some boot leather and wal more than 100 yards from the road you’ll have it all to yourself too.

Look at how many here say they will never hunt public land, as it is too dangerous.

ours is about 18 a acre for 880 acres in Putnam county,I heard they were going to raise the price this year right after clear cutting the whole property. I am about done.

Back
Top Bottom