• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Average police response time after calling 911 is 10 minutes. That's a long time.

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
The City of Atlanta average response time is 9 minutes and 35 seconds. Sit down and watch a clock for 10 minutes just to see how long that really is. Now imagine making that 911 call and waiting for the police to show up because of a home invasion and the person is in your home beating on the bedroom door trying to get to you. 10 minutes is a very L O N G time.

That's why you need a gun to defend yourself and call the police after he quits moving.

In Atalnta......NO
95% of the time it takes 911 operators more than 5.5 minutes to dispatch Atlanta fire after receiving a 911 call for service. 5.5 minute before the alarm even sounds to rouse the firefighters. When I worked in Atlanta Fire rarely beat the police to anything.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/audi...esponse-time-too-long/U96Qoep8MOoTcJuLpJRpnO/

That was the standard for the 15 years I was in the business. I guess this new digital system is really something. Yup, a total waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom