• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aviation Institute of Maintenance

November Sierra

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this place? I'm interested in getting an adult job for once and aviation mechanic sounds like a cool title. I'm looking at AIM in Duluth right now to start training. I'm a bit hesitant because every review about this place is saying the instructors are gold but the administration is screwing them one way or another. I can't tell who's whining because they screwed up and who has genuinely been shafted.

Just looking for a little info from some folks on here. Don't want to put myself 45k in debt at 25.

I'm linking this post to a buddy who is in the program. Hopefully he can give you some insight. As far as cost goes I'd do my best to Cash Flow it and not take loans out that will hurt you for years to come.

How long and how much to get your rating? Do they offer FCC Avionics ticket?
21 months and 46k for everything I would need. They offer the test to get the license if that's what you're asking. I'm not too well versed in everything about the subject so you'll have to bear with me.

21 months and 46k for everything I would need. They offer the test to get the license if that's what you're asking. I'm not too well versed in everything about the subject so you'll have to months you most likely wont have time for a regular job. Just things to think about.

Just a thought, some of the best avionics guys I knew came from the navy. They did have a fcc ticket but no a/p. If you went to the air force you would either specialize in airframe or power plant. The faa won’t sign you off on both.
School is great but Most airlines look for some one with 5-7 years experience, you would have to go with a commuter or small bug smashers.

Back
Top Bottom