• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Awesome morning trap check

Awesome!

I've had the hardest time trying to catch a yote. I heard a trapper being interviewed during a podcast. He said if you can catch a yote you shouldn't have a problem catching any other critter in the southern states.

Awesome!

I've had the hardest time trying to catch a yote. I heard a trapper being interviewed during a podcast. He said if you can catch a yote you shouldn't have a problem catching any other critter in the southern states.
I was exactly the same way. For some reason beaver trapping just came so natural to me but predator trapping especially coyotes was a completely different ball game. I used to get so frustrated that I would say the only coyote I would ever catch would be a blind one with a screwed up nose. Then one morning I pulled into my buddy’s property to check my sets and there stood a female coyote I caught. I was in disbelief for a few minutes. Then maybe a couple days later I got another. Then a few days later another. It started to get easier. Any trapper I talk to that is frustrated trying to catch coyotes I urge them DO NOT QUIT! It will happen in due time. Patience and persistence is well rewarded.

Congrats! I set some conibear for beaver last weekend but they never came to rework the holes I put in the dam. I'd like to try my luck coyote trapping.
If they didn’t come to fix the holes chances may be good they have moved elsewhere. Are you still seeing fresh chewed sticks, trees, etc in the area?

Back
Top Bottom