• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baby Eagle/ Jericho .40Sw

Alvaropineros

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
48   1
Reaction score
So i finally got around to shoot this puppy. and here are my notes and findings..

Make: IWI.
Model: Jericho / Baby eagle.
Caliber: .40SW
Ammo: Tula 185gr.
Range: Guns Rage and Safes in Doraville, GA
Indoors with AC. System 7yrds/15yrds/25yrds

The gun fits in my hand pretty decent, i however did put some hogue grips. first out the box, the gun when loaded is pretty light yet balanced. it only carries 12+1. of .40SW
First I fired at 7yrds. around 30rds. all dead center. the gun pointed and felt very nice.
next I moved the target to 15yrds. and fired around 40rds. they had tendency to go downwards. I noticed at that distance the gun was pointing a bit south.
Finally I moved the target ( a new one) to 25yrds. and fired 30rds. At that distance the rounds were heading south putting most of them in the 9 and 8 range and I was having to work overtime to keep'em there. I noticed a bit of discomfort in my wrist also.

Findings
1. the gun is certainly accurate right out of the box.
2. recoil is little but is there.
3. the gun points very nicely at short distance but at 25yrds it has tendency to point south.
4. 100rds in 30 minutes and barfely got hot.
5. 100rds of tula, not a single misfired or ejection problem. ( need to try some hotter ammo).
6. if you jam the magazine hard and quickly enough, a round will go into the chamber and the gun will be half cocked (with out racking it up)and ready to go.
7. I need to Practice a bit more and get used to the ergonomics and design.
8. Overall the quality is great, fit and finish is great also.

Disclaimer..... my other shooting guns are a CZ75 sp01 Tactical 9.mm and a SW99 .40sw

please feel free to comment.

Poly frame, compact.. 40Sw.

Attachments

• 2011-06-14 01.01.07.jpg
    2011-06-14 01.01.07.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 127
I can't attest to the poly frame version but I have an all steel framed .40 and it is a monster. It is by far the most accurate pistol that I have ever owned. It is a little on the heavy side when fully loaded but I love it. I am a bigger guy so the weight doesn't make a huge difference to me. I think it actually allows me to acheive my target faster. Every one of my friends that have shot mine have tried to convince me to sell it to them, sorry fellas its all mine.

Word on the street is that iwi is reintroducing them with the original branding instead of baby eagle. I have held one and there is nothing baby about it.

I always hated that the name referenced some video game icon but I guess it helped with the marketing.

Back
Top Bottom