• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back In My Day

My dad was a butcher and his hands were all scarred up from knife cuts. His "old fashioned" remedy...he was born in 1892...when he got a serious cut was to get a piece of waxed paper, put a couple tablespoons of sugar on it and moisten it with enough turpentine to make a paste, then apply paste to wound. It would heal up quickly with no infection, although it probably stung like a sum***** on a fresh cut. Fortunately I didn't ever get a serious enough cut to get "treated".
Diesel fuel is also good on cuts - heals quick and no infection

In today's news:

"Aiden Hulsey, 15, was riding bikes with friends and one of his brothers when he attempted a trick, lost his balance and crashed. His 12-year-old brother saw him fall, and realized Aiden wasn’t moving."

"The] Cherokee teen is at Atlanta’s Shepherd Center, hoping to breathe on his own and regain movement, following a freak bicycle accident..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...HX4mO2ZTFAvoN/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

People ( and I mean smart educated people) don't believe me when I say we played mumbly peg at recess WITH THE POCKET KNIVES WE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL -

Course they don't know what recess is either.

What was "bad" and would get you a whipping was playing for "keeps" because that was gambling.

Gambling was bad, throwing dangerous weapons at each other was good -- different times all around.
We brought guns to school and went huntin` after school. I took guns as early as the 5th grade. EVERY boy seemed to have a pocket knife. Guns were left in the cloak room or principal`s office during classes, depending on the school. We played tackle football at recess and lunch. We were disciplined with a wooden paddle. And it hurt.

This. A friend of mine completed medical school but chose not to be a doctor. He treats himself with diesel quite often.
People won't believe this, at a local Atlanta metro Middle School we had skeet shooting as part of the natural resources conservation class you got two shots at two birds clay pigeons actually and a third if you hit both . I'm not going to say the name of the school if you were there you know where it was.

People ( and I mean smart educated people) don't believe me when I say we played mumbly peg at recess WITH THE POCKET KNIVES WE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL -

Course they don't know what recess is either.

What was "bad" and would get you a whipping was playing for "keeps" because that was gambling.

Gambling was bad, throwing dangerous weapons at each other was good -- different times all around.
Heck I'm surprised they even know what mumbley peg is.

Back
Top Bottom