• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back In My Day

We got bored with bicycles and skateboards and resorted to swiping my oldest brothers cars early in the morning to cruise the neighborhood.

Then my dad got us dirt bikes, so we learned to ride motorcycles real good....that gave us courage to steal the streetbike the same oldest brother had too !
We got our AZZ TORE UP for that kinda stuff....i am over 55 now and i think i am still on restriction.

Dare a buddy of mine to ride his bike down a huge hill.. it didnt brakes. He did. Missed hitting a car broad side by less than a foot. The he hit the big dirt bank on the other side of the road. Fun times I tell ya

I wonder if one of the reasons the Boy Scouts isn't popular with kids anymore, and is desperately throwing their doors wide open for transsexuals, gender nonconforming people, gay men that want to be scout leaders etc. is that they're desperate to get their numbers back up and more participation in their activities.

But they're fighting against a culture of sissified risk-adverse parents who have taught their children that anything that might possibly hurt you, even a little bit, or make you uncomfortable, is to be avoided at all costs. That is the way these children these parents themselves were raised in the 80s and 90s and that's how they are raising their children today.

Today's wussy boys won't go camping because their tents aren't air-conditioned and they're not allowed to have a fire because they might burn their fingers if they try to take the hotdogs off the stick too soon after pulling them out of the fire .

The kids are not allowed to hike in the woods because there could be snakes and spiders that might bite them. The parents would probably allow their kids to go in the woods if mosquitoes were the ONLY risk because they would slather their kids head to toe with mosquito repellent and make them wear long sleeves, long pants, and a hat with a face screen of netting. But these parents can't rig up such a protective suit for their kids want to comes to venomous snakes or bears or alligators, so they just won't let their kids go camping at all.

The kids will be safer, and seem to be happier, sitting and being bags in the play room in moms basement in the air-conditioning playing Xbox for 14 hours at a time.

Instead of drinking water that they brought from home in canteens on their camping trip , they will just ask mom if they can open the fridge and get a frozen latte. Or maybe dad will agree to pick up a bunch of milkshakes from McDonald's on the way home! Who would drink "water" when you can have such luxurious treats delivered to you by your overindulgent parents ?

The pussifcation of America is well underway --in fact I would say it's nearly complete.

Back
Top Bottom