• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back In My Day

When I lived in a subdivision, every Halloween there would be 50% of the kids walking house-to-house, and 50% being DRIVEN by their parents, literally hopping in and out of the minivan in between each address, and riding the 100 feet from one driveway to the next. Pathetic.
Some of us are too far removed from our childhood. A couple of years back, I came home from work and found my wife sitting on the porch. It was hot summer time and she was soaked in sweat. Mad as a hornet because she had locked herself out of the house and somehow it was my fault. "I've been sitting here for two hours in this heat with nothing to drink" without thinking I said "why didn't you just use that waterhose right there" should have kept that to myself.

7028bafb16cd36e3d2bdb5ac4461836b.jpg

Yep.. and old school turpentine would set your BUTT on fire

A little boy standing on the corner holding a bottle up to the sunlight looking at it, a Preacher stops by and asks the little boy, Son what you got there, little boy says Preacher I have the most powerful liquid in the world and the Preacher says what's that? Little boy says turpentine and the Preacher says oh no son the most power liquid in the world is Holy Water, you can sprinkle a little on a woman's navel and she will pass a baby. Little boy says that ain't **** Preacher, you sprinkle a little of this stuff on a cat butt and he'll pass a motorcycle.

I wonder if one of the reasons the Boy Scouts isn't popular with kids anymore, and is desperately throwing their doors wide open for transsexuals, gender nonconforming people, gay men that want to be scout leaders etc. is that they're desperate to get their numbers back up and more participation in their activities.

But they're fighting against a culture of sissified risk-adverse parents who have taught their children that anything that might possibly hurt you, even a little bit, or make you uncomfortable, is to be avoided at all costs. That is the way these children these parents themselves were raised in the 80s and 90s and that's how they are raising their children today.

Today's wussy boys won't go camping because their tents aren't air-conditioned and they're not allowed to have a fire because they might burn their fingers if they try to take the hotdogs off the stick too soon after pulling them out of the fire .

The kids are not allowed to hike in the woods because there could be snakes and spiders that might bite them. The parents would probably allow their kids to go in the woods if mosquitoes were the ONLY risk because they would slather their kids head to toe with mosquito repellent and make them wear long sleeves, long pants, and a hat with a face screen of netting. But these parents can't rig up such a protective suit for their kids want to comes to venomous snakes or bears or alligators, so they just won't let their kids go camping at all.

The kids will be safer, and seem to be happier, sitting and being bags in the play room in moms basement in the air-conditioning playing Xbox for 14 hours at a time.

Instead of drinking water that they brought from home in canteens on their camping trip , they will just ask mom if they can open the fridge and get a frozen latte. Or maybe dad will agree to pick up a bunch of milkshakes from McDonald's on the way home! Who would drink "water" when you can have such luxurious treats delivered to you by your overindulgent parents ?

The pussifcation of America is well underway --in fact I would say it's nearly complete.
Boy Scouts were what taught us all the “survival” techniques. You practiced the certain skills then demonstrated them to the Scout Master for the badge.
I think the downgrading and interfering with the basic principles of scouting certainly leads to the downward spiral of society.
Instead of scouting kids go into gangs. They autonomously look for that commradere that scouts gave them. Same with the fellowship that the Christian church brings.
The mis-trust that adult pedophiles distilled in the kids through Church and Scouts absolutely did a horrific job on children’s psyche.
What a shame.

Imagine how well that these and other positive groups could impact children today. Just the fact of getting kids out of the basements from playing video and getting them into the great outdoors helps in ways that affect their mind, body, and souls. Teaching them everything from first aid to how to tie knots, camping and fishing techniques, basic survival, swimming, horse back riding...too much to list.
Organized religion offers lots of positive aspects (regardless of what our resident libs say) that cannot be taught easily otherwise. It gives love and shows one how a true neighbor should act and help one another.
When i grew up we knew everyone for at least two or three blocks. Your parents knew theirs, everyone had everybody elses phone numbers, etc.,
Now iit is lucky if you even know what color your neighbors are. Nobody visits anymore. Nobody makes an effort to get to know one another.
Everyone clams up in their house as soon as they get home.

You hit it right...the wussification of America is here. It will be a major factor of our demise, eventually.

Back
Top Bottom