• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

Started keto, or a form of it, Sunday. Basically cutting carbs, no sugar, high (healthy) fat and protein. I had a few carb cravings and resorted to some pretzels. I'm still learning about the keto do's and don'ts , but I'm starting. I'm 6'3 270lbs and want to get to 220. The bad thing is I've had a knee replacement, and a labral tear in my hip, so I'm trying to work through that

Diet, exercise and rest will improve every mental and physical task in your life like a sheer miracle after a year. It’s the food choices that are going to clear your mind and tune every bodily function. It took me a lifetime to figure that out lol! I always exercised on and off, but the healthy eating, mind blowing how it changes you. Mid February I will be one year in.

I use an app to track my food. The one l use is very easy to use. You click on the picture the pick how much you ate of it. It tracks all of the macro nutrients. It will tell you how much more of each you have left in the day to stay balanced. The icon is a red pig with a gauge on the front of it. It's called Keto.

I use an app to track my food. The one l use is very easy to use. You click on the picture the pick how much you ate of it. It tracks all of the macro nutrients. It will tell you how much more of each you have left in the day to stay balanced. The icon is a red pig with a gauge on the front of it. It's called Keto.
Thanks! I will try that !

I started the Keto diet Monday. As of this morning I've lost 8.6 pounds.

Congrats. Hang in there with it and you'll love what you feel like after about 2 weeks.

I've lost around 8 lbs this week myself.

To lose 20 lbs the first month on keto is normal. The weight loss will slow as you go. But it is a great diet if you stick with it. I have a friend that eats that way all the time. He's just made it his lifestyle. I don't think l could do that myself

Good luck man I'm 6'2" 305 right now. I started the 1500 calorie diet again as well.
I just got my ass chewed out by my VA dr. for gaining 20lbs.I'm 6 1" and 230lbs. He wants me at 210 to 205.I can do that. I swim 1hr,three times a week in a water aerobics class at Sportsplex. It's free through Humana silver snickers program.Very good low impact and the special benefit of seeing the senior women in their anal floss.

I started keto and intermittent fasting August 20th. I started out at 260, today I am 215. My goal is 170.

I really researched keto and I think it's a good eating plan for a period of time, but not for a lifetime. When I get to the 6 month mark, I am changing to an 80/20 diet. 80% fruits and veggies and 20% lean protein. Fish, chicken lean beef.

Back
Top Bottom