• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back on my diet

I'm at about 1200 to 1400 calories a day. Minimal carbs, less that 15 a day. The reality of it is yours will be more sustainable in the long run. I would say maintain what you're doing if it's not bothering you. When I come off of my diet I'll put back on about 8 lbs in a couple of days which will be my actual weight.
I have no idea what my caloric intake is but I have had zero carbs except for a few that snuck in. I have not been pigging out though. I love my current diet. I havent had any cravings or missed anything with exception to a DQ blizzard.

I have no idea what my caloric intake is but I have had zero carbs except for a few that snuck in. I have not been pigging out though. I love my current diet. I havent had any cravings or missed anything with exception to a DQ blizzard.

Im just about to start. Thats why i was curious if Op was doing it. Time to get this party started.

I do the intermittent during the week. To hard to do over the weekends. The big thing for me is not eating to late. I stop eating after dinner, around 6 to 7ish

Honestly, you are probably to high on your calories. There are lots of good "keto" foods, but when you eat 2 servings of them you blew the carb ratio of the diet. My in laws started the keto diet a while back and she was posting all of these recipes they were eating. They looked good but I could tell just by looking at them they wouldn't really work. One replacement commonly used is cheese, that stuff is loaded with calories. Needles to say it wasn't really working for them. Get the Keto app. It's easy to use and free. It lays out all of the percentages and tracks the macros for you. The app is a red pig with what looks like a scale going across it
20200128_132411.jpg

These are the 2 apps l use

Try Intermittent Fasting along with Keto. I don't eat before 11:30 am or after 7:30 pm. Pick an 8 hour period that works for you. I was amazed at the difference in weight loss.
My dad is doing this and he is down 45 pounds , weight is stable, said it’s the easiest “ diet “ he’s ever done and really enjoys the new lifestyle... I do it also and I reallt
Enjoy it

My dad is doing this and he is down 45 pounds , weight is stable, said it’s the easiest “ diet “ he’s ever done and really enjoys the new lifestyle... I do it also and I reallt
Enjoy it

I've bee playing with this a little. Not really keto as much but light carbs and no sugars. The problem I'm having with keto is it's not easy to sustain a normal eating habit with it. If I were single it would be fine but when you eat with a family of 5 it's much harder. Eating something different from the rest of the family, having to prep separate meals. It's almost impossible to eat out somewhere.

I've bee playing with this a little. Not really keto as much but light carbs and no sugars. The problem I'm having with keto is it's not easy to sustain a normal eating habit with it. If I were single it would be fine but when you eat with a family of 5 it's much harder. Eating something different from the rest of the family, having to prep separate meals. It's almost impossible to eat out somewhere.

Keto is the 2019 version of the 2009 atkins diet, just even more ridiculous. Its a fad that will die off when everyone tries it and realizes its impossible to live like that. I lasted 2 months before saying f-it and went back to light carbs and no sugar.

Keto is the 2019 version of the 2009 atkins diet, just even more ridiculous. Its a fad that will die off when everyone tries it and realizes its impossible to live like that. I lasted 2 months before saying f-it and went back to light carbs and no sugar.

I think it works well, and is a little healthier than Atkins personally. I was hoping to do it to get to goal weight then faze in an easier diet to live on. The biggest problem with the keto is the recovery time from cheat days. My appeal to it is how fast it works. I lost 55 lbs on it last time. Over a 3 year period I gained about 15 of it back then over the holidays I swelled up a fair amount. The reason it worked so well for me is that I don't do moderation well. I either eat well or bad. It pisses me off but it's what I've come to realize about myself. I'm in the 180's which isn't bad for me but would like to be a fair amount less, or at least lose the spare tire.

Back
Top Bottom