• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back pain

Rest and allow the inflammation to subside. The human inflammation process takes from 10 to 14 days to subside.

Waiting 2 weeks every time you prang your back is nearly impossible.

That sucks. :(
No improvement on this end. Only change is muscle relaxers or making me more useless than normal.
I guess I can go down stairs now without wincing. That's something.

Years ago I was hobbling around bent over like a marionette puppet just weeks before an Alaska bush trip. I was desperate and tried everything, and finally a week before the doc referred me to a physical therapist. They taught me the exercises and worked it out, and the next week I was chomping through the Alaskan bush. Been doing the exercises every day since. You have to stretch the hamstrings and workout the back. The below exercise, I think it's called a superman something or other, works really well. Hold the opposite leg and arm for a count of ten and do ten reps. On the last rep, I hold for a count of 30. And keep the weight off no matter what.

iu

Years ago I was hobbling around bent over like a marionette puppet just weeks before an Alaska bush trip. I was desperate and tried everything, and finally a week before the doc referred me to a physical therapist. They taught me the exercises and worked it out, and the next week I was chomping through the Alaskan bush. Been doing the exercises every day since. You have to stretch the hamstrings and workout the back. The below exercise, I think it's called a superman something or other, works really well. Hold the opposite leg and arm for a count of ten and do ten reps. On the last rep, I hold for a count of 30. And keep the weight off no matter what.
That's actually a lower back/core strengthening exercise. It engages a lot of muscles at once, especially lateral balance muscles. You hit on a huge point though, stretch your hamstrings and by extension, glutes. So many nerves run through there that if they are tight, you will have issues! When you do stretch, use progressive movements. Do not bob or bounce!! Extend to your limit and hold for a 10 count. Release, relax and then repeat.

That's actually a lower back/core strengthening exercise. It engages a lot of muscles at once, especially lateral balance muscles. You hit on a huge point though, stretch your hamstrings and by extension, glutes. So many nerves run through there that if they are tight, you will have issues! When you do stretch, use progressive movements. Do not bob or bounce!! Extend to your limit and hold for a 10 count. Release, relax and then repeat.

Yep. I have an entire routine stretching the lower back, hamstrings, etc., but if I'm pressed for time that one exercise works wonders for my lower back.

I’ve got two herniated discs so I definitely can weigh in on this & will make it brief

have tried spinal epidural injections , no benefit
Have tried massage guns, series of professional massages .. no help
Have tried cryotherapy , temporary relief
Have tried a LOT of chiropractic work, no relief..
have tried physical therapy... definitely only thing that helps
Have tried inversion table.. no help
My next step is to try stem cells

your best bet is gonna be physical therapy, stretching routine, core strengthening, avoid things that irritate it.

Back
Top Bottom