• Total voters

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
OK, I cannot make up my mind on a new carry gun! First off I want a compact or sub compact carry in the infamous caliber of 45 ACP. I've fondled many and have broke my list down to 3-4 guns. First off I'll start with the Glock 30, it's a great gun company name people swear by and reasonable priced. Next will be the XDS, another great gun a little cheaper than the Glock. After the xds I'm considering the Smith m&p shield. And the HK series USP compact, which I've owned one in the Smith 40 cal, loved the gun, wish now I'd never traded it, but realistically it's more than I want to spend unless I can find a used on reasonably priced.
So here's the choices

Glock 30
Xds
S&w shield
HK compact USP
What say ye ODT???

I too am a big fan of USP guns, both full size and compact but I dont know about being able to shoot a .45 in a subcompact. Thats just me though. I have a G26 personally as my smallest carry gun.

You carry a P226? Geez. I have only and its pretty big. I only carry OWB when going to and from the range, too big for me on a daily basis.

Conceal carry can be a compromise. For instance, do ya want ultra concealable. 45 acp in an xds (only 5 shots with flush mag) or the larger but still concealable g30 with twice the capacity in a flush mag and much more in "high cap" reload mag? G30 much more shootable than the xds (i have owned both). G30S would be better option over standard g30 imo. I would go with a double stack over a single stack for shootability (more dispersion of felt recoil) and capacity. I would go glock 30s of your choices...

Back
Top Bottom