• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backpack zipper replacement?

SOLGardener

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
This may be a long shot, but does anyone know who/where I could get a zipper replaced in a backpack? I have a great bag, but I fouled up the zipper in a section and after a few DIY repairs, it just needs replaced now. I's in 500D cordura so needs a bit heavier sewing machine

Back when there were shoe repair shops , they could do those repairs.

There is a tack and boot repair place in Griffin that still does it, don't know about north of the ATL.

This may be a long shot, but does anyone know who/where I could get a zipper replaced in a backpack? I have a great bag, but I fouled up the zipper in a section and after a few DIY repairs, it just needs replaced now. I's in 500D cordura so needs a bit heavier sewing machine

Shoe shop at Cobb Place near Town Center, Cobb

I needed 1 back pack and 1 Travel bag zippers replaced. Went to a Malls Shoe Repair shop did the work in 15 minutes.

Good tips. Theres a great shoe repair place in Gainesville that has done good work on my boots. I'll check with them.
Didn't see where you were, so all I can tell you is around Cobb or Google luggage repair there's usually some around the airport for warranties by the airlines when they damage someone's luggage. Most any shoe shop can do it if you have the parts. And you can get the parts at JoAnn shop

I wish ya luck. I had a very nice Browning shooting bag that needed a zipper. I checked with tac shops, shoe repair shops, upholstery shops, alteration (seamstress) shops and none of them would even give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom