• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backpacking Tent Recommendations?

IceColdEric

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
18   0
Reaction score
I am looking at backpacking tents. This will be used to hike into backcountry while elk hunting. My primary concern is the weight. Any tents you serious hikers or hunters recommend? Trying to keep it <$300

TIA!

need some more details…

Looking for a 1 man tent? 2 person?

how much gear will you have? Will it need to be stored in the tent, vestibule, or elsewhere?

3 season tent? 4 season?

Will you be camping above tree line?

need some more details…

Looking for a 1 man tent? 2 person?

how much gear will you have? Will it need to be stored in the tent, vestibule, or elsewhere?

3 season tent? 4 season?

Will you be camping above tree line?
So to add little more info. We will have a base camp, but I want the flexibility of walking in camping for 1-3 nights at a time. My intentions are to cover as much ground as possible, last trip I felt like I was wasting hours having to cover essentially same ground every morning. I will be approx 7500-9500’ mark.
Thanks for the recommendations from everyone, I will be checking them out!

So to add little more info. We will have a base camp, but I want the flexibility of walking in camping for 1-3 nights at a time. My intentions are to cover as much ground as possible, last trip I felt like I was wasting hours having to cover essentially same ground every morning. I will be approx 7500-9500’ mark.
Thanks for the recommendations from everyone, I will be checking them out!
Check out one of the free standing tents from Big Agnes. They have some of the best ultralight stuff out there.

Some of their items are in your price range.

Back
Top Bottom