• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backwoods Home deal - Gonna need another bookshelf.

spencer60

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
286   0
Reaction score
I've been subscribing to the Kindle version of Backwoods Home magazine for a couple of years now. For folks that aren't familiar with it, it's probably one of the best off-grid/prepper mags out there.

The magazines themselves have limited distribution and at the time I started you could only get the digital version. That's fine with me since a Kindle can hold thousands of issues and I can keep it charged with a small solar panel in a crisis.

I've thought about ordering the back issues going back x number of years, but they don't have all of them available, and did I mention the printed copies are expensive?

They do however sell packages with their yearly anthologies along with some of the more popular author's books. These are the 'shebang' collections.

They were always pretty expensive... $300 for the 'Whole Shebang', but much cheaper and more manageable than trying to find 25 years of back issues. I just never pulled the trigger because there was always something else to spend that money on.

Well they mentioned a few issues back that they were moving to new office space, and were blowing out store merchandise to save moving costs... including the 'shebang' collections.

If you go to:

www.backwoodshome.com/shop

and use the code "MOVING" (no quotes) they will give you 40% off on most of the items there, including the collections of books. That makes the 'whole shebang' collection $180 and that was too good to pass up.

This is what you get for under $200...

BWH_Books.JPG

Kind of mindblowing the amount of reading I have ahead of me there, but a deal too good to pass up.

I don't know when that code will expire, but I just got an email from them today mentioning it again, so it should still be good for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom