• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad deal gone good.

JRolin

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Its not often that you see someone now-a-days that is a man of their word and will go out of their way to make things right.

I want to lay some praise down on michael30176.

We participated in a trade a couple weekends ago. A fake (unknown to me or michael) Leupold LCO was included in the deal and traded to me. After making Michael aware that it was fake, he did what it took to make things right. Including shipping costs and reimbursement. He could have just ignored me and moved on with a trade hugely in his favor.

All trade should go perfectly, but when they dont - how we handle ourselves is what sets us apart.

I had agreed to purchase 2 sets of piste grips from a member at a set price, including shipping.
The seller informed me that he could only locate one set, and that he was going to destroy my check and send me the one set of grips.
I sent him a token of my appreciation, and told him if he finds the other set, I would send him another check.

There are a lot of good members on this site.
Thanks to Steve and his merry men.

I shipped a charging handle to a member a little while back but somehow didn't get a tracking number...

Member tells me he hasn't received it and it was going on 5 days... I pulled another charging handle out of a NIB rifle and shipped it to him.

Couple of days later he gets the 2nd charging handle and also a notice from the Post Office. They had the 1st CH due to not enough postage paid...

He ended up keeping both CH's and paid me for the 2nd one...

I didn't want the member to think I screwed him so I made sure he got his item...

Its not often that you see someone now-a-days that is a man of their word and will go out of their way to make things right.

I want to lay some praise down on michael30176.

We participated in a trade a couple weekends ago. A fake (unknown to me or michael) Leupold LCO was included in the deal and traded to me. After making Michael aware that it was fake, he did what it took to make things right. Including shipping costs and reimbursement. He could have just ignored me and moved on with a trade hugely in his favor.

All trade should go perfectly, but when they dont - how we handle ourselves is what sets us apart.

ODT, has allot of Good People, that's why the Feedback and people's comments make it a GOOD Site!!

Yes, there are a lot of very good folks here.

There are also many fake Leupolds on the market, most getting initially sold through ebay. It is so bad that Leupold will quickly verify if what you are considering is legit or not, just call them. Just looking at one, there is no way to tell unless you are in the business. With so much merchandise coming through gunshows or purchased from "walkarounds" it is easy to unknowingly end up with one.

Goodon the ODT member for making it right.

But,caveat emptor, I did end up with a fake item from a member once. I am sure karma will catch up with him eventually, if it was intentional.

Yes, there are a lot of very good folks here.

There are also many fake Leupolds on the market, most getting initially sold through ebay. It is so bad that Leupold will quickly verify if what you are considering is legit or not, just call them. Just looking at one, there is no way to tell unless you are in the business. With so much merchandise coming through gunshows or purchased from "walkarounds" it is easy to unknowingly end up with one.

Goodon the ODT member for making it right.

But,caveat emptor, I did end up with a fake item from a member once. I am sure karma will catch up with him eventually, if it was intentional.

I do love me some KARMA.

Back
Top Bottom