• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad luck......

I just had the original water pump replaced at 283,000 miles. I'm expecting a cascade of issues to pop up if I don't buy something else in a few months. Driving back and forth to Greenville is going to take a toll on the '06 Explorer.
That model Explorer has a problem with the servo bore. Ours went out at 150k. That and the blend door tearing up are the only issues we have had

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just had the original water pump replaced at 283,000 miles. I'm expecting a cascade of issues to pop up if I don't buy something else in a few months. Driving back and forth to Greenville is going to take a toll on the '06 Explorer.
Keep the faith. I put over 400,000 on an Expedition before giving it to a friend of my daughter. It was still running when I did. About 2/3 of those miles were city miles.

I paid about $3000 in repairs spread over several years to keep it in good running order.

I cant understand why a good part of y’all believe this is the dealers fault.
I don’t think it’s the dealers fault as there is no way to tell a fuel pump is about to fail, but I would think the dealer would at least do something for you in good faith if something happened within a week of purchase.

I don’t think it’s the dealers fault as there is no way to tell a fuel pump is about to fail, but I would think the dealer would at least do something for you in good faith if something happened within a week of purchase.

I was kind of hoping they would do something like that when i informed them of what happened then I quickly realized who I was talking to.

Yes, a good one can be easily had for that. Do your homework and you can find one.

Ford does not make fuel pumps, they buy one from a pump manufacturer and stick it in a motorcraft box and triple net the price. There are several name brand manufacturers that supply all the OEM pumps. And those pumps are available without paying Ford their markup.

Again you are wrong. Just because a company makes something for multiple different brands doesnt mean they are all the same. Motocraft is built to thier specs. So certain quality plastic or specific blend type and guage of wires how much and gauge of copper spooled on the motor and so on. You pay a premium because you are getting a premium product built to the best specs. For example we all no autozone and thier Duralast brand well MOOG makes all thier ball joints tie rod ends and basically all the front end parts. There is a huge premature failure rate among those duralst parts v.s. the same MOOG brand part. I am in the business and I could keep on going all day. You cant beat a factory to spec to quality part. Just because a pump fits and happens to generate the same fuel pressure and volume doesnt mean it's the same quality, and has tha ability to last.

I can carry this over to the gun world to with comparisons of top brand companies making parts for lower end companies. If it helps you understand.

Again you are wrong. Just because a company makes something for multiple different brands doesnt mean they are all the same. Motocraft is built to thier specs. So certain quality plastic or specific blend type and guage of wires how much and gauge of copper spooled on the motor and so on. You pay a premium because you are getting a premium product built to the best specs. For example we all no autozone and thier Duralast brand well MOOG makes all thier ball joints tie rod ends and basically all the front end parts. There is a huge premature failure rate among those duralst parts v.s. the same MOOG brand part. I am in the business and I could keep on going all day. You cant beat a factory to spec to quality part. Just because a pump fits and happens to generate the same fuel pressure and volume doesnt mean it's the same quality, and has tha ability to last.

I can carry this over to the gun world to with comparisons of top brand companies making parts for lower end companies. If it helps you understand.

This is a free country, and you are free to believe what you want.

6 bolts are all that hold the bed on. Remove them and jack it up, no need to drop the tank. Plus, it makes it easier to cut the access door in the bed for your next pump change. Your fuel pump WILL fail again in a few years.

Yeah because you keep buying ****ty pumps. Who the hell cuts a hole in their vehicle to make replacing low quality parts easier the next time????????

Back
Top Bottom