• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad REI Experience

Just thought I'd detail a bad experience I had with REI trying to return or exchange a defective item. I bought the REI backpacking bundle online which is a tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping mat. I used the mat for the second time this past weekend and had a serious issue with it; the inflation valve, which is only supposed to let air in, was letting air out like a huge whole, making it nearly impossible to inflate the pad. I contacted REI online and they suggested I take it to a store so I could exchange it. I drove 50 minutes to the store in Kennesaw and they wouldn't let me exchange or return it for anything. Their reasons were: they couldn't find me in the system, it was more than 30 days since I purchased it, and I couldn't just return the one item since I had bought it as part of a bundle. I was very disappointed and for sure won't be buying from them again. Their policies don't treat customers well. I think it's a shame and ridiculous that I had something with an obvious defect with REI's logo all over it and the REI store turned me away.
My fav thing to do at REI is walk in and ask when the hunting /fishing section is.

It's a store for wealthy posers.
jack-facts.gif

Back
Top Bottom