• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad REI Experience

OP have the same questions about time, receipt and the bundle. We haven't had anything but good experiences with them. My daughter found that the Kennesaw location had more crunchy dudes, and two had been on Kilimanjaro with one the time of year she was going. They were knowledgeable and honest about the gear she needed. It helped but the mountain almost killed her. That is another thread but REI is good to go here. Check the outlet for your stuff.

Keep trying as they seem to be ones that want customer loyalty. Once again sorry for your experience but not ours.

OP have the same questions about time, receipt and the bundle. We haven't had anything but good experiences with them. My daughter found that the Kennesaw location had more crunchy dudes, and two had been on Kilimanjaro with one the time of year she was going. They were knowledgeable and honest about the gear she needed. It helped but the mountain almost killed her. That is another thread but REI is good to go here. Check the outlet for your stuff.

Keep trying as they seem to be ones that want customer loyalty. Once again sorry for your experience but not ours.
I also found that by spending a few $s and joining their co-op, things are always really smooth.
Without proof of purchase, I don't think I would warranty anything...

I paid my $20 to become a member years ago and definitely got my moneys worth. Returns, warranty issues are no problems. The members only coupon or the dividends pay for themselves. Also, their retail prices are the same as any other store selling the same product at retail.

Never had an issue. Been a member for probably 20 years now. Their prices are competitive and a return has never been an issue. Used to do A LOT of backpacking and camping. I can be rough on grlear and want it to work as intended. If it doesn't, I take it back. Not a single issue with em.

Membership has it's privileges and is well worth the 20 bucks. Had zero issues with REI both here in GA and while living in CO. I have dealt with good, friendly people with tons of experience in the areas I needed help with in both states.

The co-op is where it's at IMHO.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I've had nothing but good experiences both with their gear and their customer service. Did they say they were willing to at least swap the bundle for another one if you brought all of the gear back? Also how did the gear do for you? I've recommended it to friends to check out but I haven't actually used their branded bag/pad before

Just thought I'd detail a bad experience I had with REI trying to return or exchange a defective item. I bought the REI backpacking bundle online which is a tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping mat. I used the mat for the second time this past weekend and had a serious issue with it; the inflation valve, which is only supposed to let air in, was letting air out like a huge whole, making it nearly impossible to inflate the pad. I contacted REI online and they suggested I take it to a store so I could exchange it. I drove 50 minutes to the store in Kennesaw and they wouldn't let me exchange or return it for anything. Their reasons were: they couldn't find me in the system, it was more than 30 days since I purchased it, and I couldn't just return the one item since I had bought it as part of a bundle. I was very disappointed and for sure won't be buying from them again. Their policies don't treat customers well. I think it's a shame and ridiculous that I had something with an obvious defect with REI's logo all over it and the REI store turned me away.
wow they suck. I just bought new solomon boots ,,,Not from REI lol went online to solomon. The mask did it for me I was not allowed inside when I told him see ya a)(*^&* he said come on in nope never ever again.

Back
Top Bottom