• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bahahaha

When I was a kid, my dad put up electric fencing, next door, at my grandpa's property, to let the cows out there, to graze. The tall strands of grass along the fence would grow up, & touch the wire, grounding it, rendering it ineffective. The power source was a 15,000 volt neon sign transformer. We would make a trip around the perimeter of the fence, my dad knocking down the overgrown grass, @ the wire, with a 24" Craftsman screwdriver. It was a humid morning, with a heavy dew. I guess enough dew from the grass collected on the screwdriver, and the next swath he made, ZZZZAP !!!!! He slung that screwdriver into oblivion, never to be found again. ... Damn, that brings back some memories. My dad passed away October 28, 2016.

When I was a kid, my dad put up electric fencing, next door, at my grandpa's property, to let the cows out there, to graze. The tall strands of grass along the fence would grow up, & touch the wire, grounding it, rendering it ineffective. The power source was a 15,000 volt neon sign transformer. We would make a trip around the perimeter of the fence, my dad knocking down the overgrown grass, @ the wire, with a 24" Craftsman screwdriver. It was a humid morning, with a heavy dew. I guess enough dew from the grass collected on the screwdriver, and the next swath he made, ZZZZAP !!!!! He slung that screwdriver into oblivion, never to be found again. ... Damn, that brings back some memories. My dad passed away October 28, 2016.
awesome story and sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom