• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bahamas - People are shooting each other for food and water.

FYI... we give most countries aid of one kind or another... And it is all taxpayer money...

More than two hundred countries receive U.S. aid. It disproportionately goes to a few, however, with the top five all receiving over $1 billion per year as of 2016: Iraq ($5.3 billion), Afghanistan ($5.1 billion), Israel ($3.1 billion), Egypt ($1.2 billion), and Jordan ($1.2 billion).

Yup... I know it, but that doesn't mean I agree at all with it... Short of things like war reparations, there's simply no valid reason for one country to pay off another.

You got it all wrong brother,, we help because it is the way we are, we also have a very large community of the island people and they sit 65 miles off our coast, aid will becoming to them from all over the world. Don’t forget the US has had help from other country also
You are wrong there!!! We got no foreign help from Andrew, we gt no foreign help when tornadoes rip through our country, we got no foreign help when Katrina flooded Texas and Louisiana. Still we help when we can.

So many opinions on this. I'll just say this one thing. I've never seen so many "Christians" not just unwilling to help, but flat out refusing to help. All because it's another country. So it's not your problem. Carry on. It's not our responsibility or the USA's. But it's the right thing to do.

Edit: And yes, I've donated.

Let's all say it together, one more time, with feeling:

US Foreign Aid in total - to everyone - amounts to approx. 1% of the budget. Wipe it out tomorrow, and you literally would not notice.

Much of the aid that goes to places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, and Egypt is direct military support, in which the US is either disposing of surplus equipment and systems or is spending US dollars to buy US hardware from US defense contractors and then handing it over to the 'aid' recipients. That is, in that last case, it's money being spent at home that directly translates to US jobs. Maybe you're against that and more power to you, but if you work on the line in Ridley Park, PA, or Lima, OH, or Columbia, SC, or St Louis, MO or Marietta, GA or wherever - you directly benefit from that 'foreign aid'.

Now, if you're a voter who's upset that the government isn't spending more money in your town - well, that's basically half of the Democrat platform right there, so go for it.

Back
Top Bottom