• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bahamas - People are shooting each other for food and water.

I'm all for private organizations and citizens helping, but it's just retarded to say that our countries government HAS TO help a different counties problems. What ever happened to nationalism?
You are 100% correct. The U.S. has zero Constitutional obligation to help. Yet we do it anyway. You might say, it is part of what makes us great.
But, I'd be perfectly happy with say, eliminating the department of Education to fund these type efforts.

The Word of God says , if you give it will be given back to you pressed down shaken together and running over.
As we have the opportunity to give and help we should.
One day we too will be in need of help .
I absolutely agree!! all I'm saying it's not the governments responsibility.

I'm sorry but I guess since I've been under here, we've moved on to the point where governments are responsible for other countries citizens?

You got it all wrong brother,, we help because it is the way we are, we also have a very large community of the island people and they sit 65 miles off our coast, aid will becoming to them from all over the world. Don’t forget the US has had help from other country also

We should offer any aid we can whether it be through churches or civic organizations and whatever material support we have at our disposal because it's the right thing to do. However there's talk of bringing 10's of thousands of Bahamians to the US. We're already supporting a good portion of Latin America but at least these poor people are legitimately refugees, I'd just like some assurances that any shipped here are strictly on a temporary basis and not a permanent strain on our already overtaxed system.

Back
Top Bottom