• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baked and grilled chicken

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
My grandmother used to make amazing roast beef, pulled pork, grilled chicken and oven cooked chicken smothered in Italian bread crumbs. She wouldn't ever tell anyone her recipes and took them with her, god bless her soul.

Right now, I'm trying to lower my calorie intake and eat only lean meats. I bee needin some good recipes for baked chicken and grilled chicken. Grilled chicken isn't rocket science, but I wouldn't mind adding some flavor to it. The baked chicken is the one I CANNOT FIGURE OUT. It never comes out right.

The bread crumbs on the chicken breast... what are you using to make them sit right and cook? A layer of butter? Olive oil? Flour and egg? I can't seem to get it just right.

Cook chicken in crock pot on high for about two hours. Pull out meat and shred it. Add whatever sauce you want, and then you can put it on sandwich, in salads, or in rice bowls.

Ingredients

1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

Directions

• Combine mayonnaise and cheese.
    • Spread on chicken then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
    • Bake at 450º F for 20 mins or until thoroughly cooked.

I realize you're trying to cut calories, so maybe you can use light mayo or just use it sparingly. This recipe is pretty good though, I've had to adjust time/temp for the size/amount of chicken...

Back
Top Bottom