• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bank safe for a pistol safe?

I am not sure that the quickest way to retrieve a handgun in a threat situation. If it's just for storing them and you go this route then I would make sure and get a ( Personal Articles Policy ) from your insurance carrier. In the event of a theft or catastrophic event your insurance will only cover 2,500 on guns. In some cases that can be one custom 1911. A PAP will cover the stated value of the guns with all the modifications and optics. For instance 19,000 in coverage will cost you every bit of 19 bucks a month through State Farm. That's the best way to protect your babies. It doesn't matter if some red neck hooks a chain to it and drags it out through the wall they cut you a check in a few days.
If you are gong to look at a safe to protect your guns and don't have insurance I would hold out for a good dedicated gun safe with fire protection. Especially if you have a collectors piece that's not easily replaced.

if it's just for a couple on mid priced guns like Glocks or something in that range the I guess it would suffice. You can always get another Glock and your home owners will cover up to 2500 anyway.

I don’t have any valuable hand guns. Just mainly thinking something for storage and keeping neighbor kids out. It’s probably overkill for that, but the alternative is to buy a sheet metal “safe” or spend a lot more money. Thx

about 10 years ago, when I was still riding motorcycles, I walked into Wells Fargo in full riding gear, didn't remove my helmet, just wanted to dash in and cash a check I had. The tellers freaked out. I had the faceshield up, but it was dark smoke. They looked at me like I was a mad bomber.

about 10 years ago, when I was still riding motorcycles, I walked into Wells Fargo in full riding gear, didn't remove my helmet, just wanted to dash in and cash a check I had. The tellers freaked out. I had the faceshield up, but it was dark smoke. They looked at me like I was a mad bomber.

Yeah well..... LOL that will do it.

I am not sure that the quickest way to retrieve a handgun in a threat situation. If it's just for storing them and you go this route then I would make sure and get a ( Personal Articles Policy ) from your insurance carrier. In the event of a theft or catastrophic event your insurance will only cover 2,500 on guns. In some cases that can be one custom 1911. A PAP will cover the stated value of the guns with all the modifications and optics. For instance 19,000 in coverage will cost you every bit of 19 bucks a month through State Farm. That's the best way to protect your babies. It doesn't matter if some red neck hooks a chain to it and drags it out through the wall they cut you a check in a few days.
If you are gong to look at a safe to protect your guns and don't have insurance I would hold out for a good dedicated gun safe with fire protection. Especially if you have a collectors piece that's not easily replaced.

if it's just for a couple on mid priced guns like Glocks or something in that range the I guess it would suffice. You can always get another Glock and your home owners will cover up to 2500 anyway.

The only think I got from all that is you only have 19k in guns....

Back
Top Bottom