• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Banks, credit union or regular bank

Mr. Goodbar

Default rank 5000+ posts
Savage Hooligan
109   0
Reaction score
whats better to have? I've been with sun trust for a while and they've been alright to me, but more and more I'm hearing credit unions are the way to go. But their are a bunch of different credit unions though, which one is right for me? Associated credit union, maybe navy federal if I can, or our union likes usps credit union :confused2: :noidea:

Most often times Credit unions charge lower fees allow you to borrow at lower interest rates and many times grow into a truly personal banking relationship. I arrange financing all the time for car buyers and rarely am I able to beat a credit union rate. And Employee credit unions are some really good ones.

Credit Union. Period. Better customer service, they usually recognize you, and there are CU Service Centers that allow you to move money from one to the other with no, or low fees. Banks are motivated by profits, Credit Unions are motivated by service while staying open.
Not trying to paint a "It's a Wonderful Life" picture, but I've known enough people in the banking, finance, and insurance industries to recognize the value of Credit Unions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely Credit Union. Do a little research. But pick one that is close to you if possible. They don't have a lot branches like banks.
Been a member of Associated for many years. They used to have an office where I worked. When I retired no longer convenient for me.

whats better to have? I've been with sun trust for a while and they've been alright to me, but more and more I'm hearing credit unions are the way to go. But their are a bunch of different credit unions though, which one is right for me? Associated credit union, maybe navy federal if I can, or our union likes usps credit union :confused2: :noidea:

Credit Unions are easier to deal with!!

Credit Union. Period. Better customer service, they usually recognize you, and there are CU Service Centers that allow you to move money from one to the other with no, or low fees. Banks are motivated by profits, Credit Unions are motivated by service while staying open.
Not trying to paint a "It's a Wonderful Life" picture, but I've known enough people in the banking, finance, and insurance industries to recognize the value of Credit Unions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 110%! Dave Ramsey approved.

Back
Top Bottom