• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BAR and AR10 A2 in the safe - sell / upgrade / ??? - need some thoughts

flyingfrog509

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
Nothing special here
160   1
Reaction score
So my dad originally picked up a BAR hunting rifle a while back thinking he could convert it to "clip fed". Then later on he picked up an Armalite AR10 A2 to feed the "clip fed" desire. Problem being the BAR is very accurate, but doesn't have a clip for fun and has a trigger that kind of stinks. The A2 AR10 isn't so accurate and even less so with open sights and optics seems to work loose with that funky rail scope mount and has well an AR10 trigger.

So what I'm thinking is...I should convince my dad to sell the BAR and at least the upper to the AR10. Then buy a very accurate flat top upper and a timmey trigger for the AR10.

OR

Sell both and get an accurate AR10 flat top. (but we already have 10 or so clips for the Armalite)

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Especially suggestions on accurate AR10 uppers that might marry to the Armalite lower and if the Armalite lower will take an aftermarket trigger group.

I just don't know enough about ARs especially AR10s that don't seem to interchange like the AR15s do.

Back
Top Bottom