• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BARKING DOG IN THE HOOD!(3 doors up)

Check your local ordinance on noise violations. Record audio video date time stamped every event. Document everything in writing in a diary type note book. Include individuals names, witnesses. law enforcement/animal control contacts and outcome of such complaints. Request police reports if an ordinance violation exists. If responding officer refused to file a miscellaneous report do not argue but document it. Usually if there is not an ordinance in your jurisdiction they will say its a civil matter. However, contact your city/county supervisor or community relations officer and file a complaint. Always document everything including the way is affecting you and your family mental,psychological and physical harm. A visit to a medical related facility it will be a plus. The longer it takes for this, the more evidence you will gather and the most sympathizing jury you will have when you file a civil lawsuit. In the end you may win more that you can imagine as most of these ignorant,, careless individuals do not bother to show in court or be represented by council. Punitive and actual monetary awards can be quite substantial. Even if they do not own anything, garnishments against future income up to and included social security can be used up to a certain percentage as deemed reasonable by the courts.
Whatever you do stay legal. Do not give unto the temptation to do anything illegal. It is lose lose proposition. Use the system and you will win. Law and right will be on your side. We have a system to deal with these problems. Use it and win in the end. Thank me later.

I had a similar issue, animal control said it had to bark 30 minutes without stopping, record it, yattayatta
Forsyth county won't do squat if you don't do the legwork first, then you may have to appear in court if they do issue them a citation. Spending $100 for the electronic bark stoppers was simpler for me.

My dog barks at a particular guy 24-7. Of course fed ex, school bus, ups, but I tell you one thing... She has nothing on my dang rooster!!! Never has there been a set of lungs so powerful to be so tiny. Non stop last two days and only since I got rid of the Jersey Giant. I'm craving dumplings in my near future.
My cousin, who lives near Cleveland, GA, has a loud mouthed rooster in his yard. One day while he was crowing I started playing my bagpipes. That rooster just about went insane.

Back
Top Bottom