• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel advice

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the the AAC brake and M4-2000 will work on a 10.3 Colt barrel with FSB? Also does anyone know if Colt 10.3s are cut downs? I think I heard somewhere that they are but I'm not sure.

I'll tell you what I'm thinking about doing, sending a 16" Colt barrel over to ADCO for them to cut down to 10.3. Do they have to do anything to the port? I think its all included, I'd have to double check but just for my knowledge does shorter barrel = bigger port or is it the other way around or are they independent of each other?

You could put and low profile adj. gas block to cover you if the port is too big. If it is too small then you could just drill the port out by an ever so small amount and achieve the desired effect. Either way, you can control the gas amount after the barrel is cut. I would get a good gunsmith to do the job to recut the crown as and re-thread for the suppressor. I would recommend Dobbs Defense for good quality work. It was going to be very inexpensive and I was going to do it to my Colt barrel. I decided to sell the barrel and is in the classifieds now if you want to keep that barrel factory and cut down a cheap barrel. 90 bucks shipped and it's yours. It's an H-Bar.

Back
Top Bottom