• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel chamfering

It would be ok if I can find a flush cut in .40.

I shoot about the same with Hornady jhp. I have no issues with ga- arms ammo. I find them to be equal or better than most. IMO.

My dad has been a Machinist for 30 yrs so I have that covered.

I know it's not the guns fault I suck.

Thanks for the offer Harry.

I may contact Lone Wolf and ask if that flush cut barrel performs any better than their others.

Doing it for the look is one thing, but there’s just no way to tell a performance difference unless you’re already laying down 3” ten shot groups at an honest 25 yards. Even in a properly used Randsom Rest I’m skeptical that a Recrowning a Glock would do anything, unless it was previously damaged. Make sure the flush cut is at least flush and not recessed into the slide any, or else you’re hosed. Also make sure you have no desire to resale the pistol.

More dryfire, more range time is what’s needed. Believe me, I went down every wild goose chase imaginable looking for accuracy. More practice is eventually what did it. In order of importance are
1) Grip- Trigger Control
2)Sight Alignment - Follow Through
3) Ammo/ Load
4) Gun- Barrel

Here’s a group produced with a bone stock gen 3 Glock barrel at 25 yards, rested from a bag:

i.imgur.com_CvpPnYp.jpg

That's what my groups look like at 15-20 yds just more in the orange. Part of my problem is holding steady even with my rifle my son has better groups than I do. And I have years of years more practice than he does. I also keep a proper thumbs forward grip, 1000+ rds down range on this gun, and a decent amount of dry fire.

I'd like to have the look and function of the flush cut/chamfer barrel as long as the chamfer doesnt adversely affect the performance of the gun. It seems to help on .45acp 1911s. The only argument I find about the 1911 is the degree of the chamfer being 11, 30, or 45 degree and which is best.

I contacted Lone Wolf. They said their flush cut barrels with the chamfer has no performance or accuracy improvement. It's more for looks and to protect the barrel if the gun is dropped the barrel won't be damaged.

Thanks for the input.

I suggest a different gun. Glocks are great, but not for everyone.

Try a single action gun like a CZ 75 or a 1911, and see how you do. Mayby someone will loan you one or you can rent one, before you buy.

Thumbs forward is popular, but not for everyone, either. Try gripping it with just one hand first, and then just add you second hand.

Ther are tons of good videos on you-tube.

Back
Top Bottom